• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:30:34 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Ride 2

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, June 04, 2016, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 11, 2016, 09:30:51 PM
First off many many congrats on your rig there DD - looks well built man! You've got sth nice there - I hope your business is running, because judging by the looks of your rig, it should.

Concerning the Ride2 vid, I really have to say this game is soooo arcadey. Especially the braking would be a total turn off for me. In this game you don't have to ride a bike like you should have to ride a bike irl. You can pretty much apply front brake wherever and almost how much you like, you can brake hard initially without looking for weight transfer, you can brake into lean as if it is nothing without releasing brake pressure, you can even release brake mid-turn and brake again while leaning without even causing weight shift in the bike.... I could not play this at all... such a turn off.

Just to make sure: Nothing to do with you DD, only with the game. I am sure your rig works perfectly fine with GPB.

+1 mate...... Totally agree with you Stout.

I only hope these Ride2 fanboys don't start making suggestions for changes in GPB....... Oh wait! We already have with going back to the old respawn system. Silly me! Lol!  ;D

Just a little banter boys! Nothing to lose your hair about! Hehe!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

F**K you hawk boy lol  ;D

If you think of me as a fanboy I will tell my mommy and cry!!!

Joking aside. If you have not tried it you can not really put it down just on your THOUGHTS. I think every OTHER MS product sucks but RIDE 2 is VERY different. I am also going from using a real controller and not a gamepad so dont know how it is with one of them lol.

For me it is the ability to have certain tracks I LOVE and AI to fuck around with in offline mode. If I want a real race there is ONLY GPBikes.

I will NEVER change my loyalty to Piboso, hence even my RIDE videos advertise GP Bikes

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

ROFL!!  ;D ;D
I put a nice big juicy worm on that one.... I was wondering who'd bite first! Hehe!  ;D

But seriously, your right DD, I have not bought and tried any of Milestones games for obvious past MS reputation and blatant lack of realistic physics when you watch the videos of races in Milestone games.
Having said that, I must admit that from reports here that I'm getting tempted to give Ride2 a try out... I presume there is a demo?  ;)

I may become a Ride2 Fanboy yet....... Did I actually say that!  :o :o  ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Dont know about a demo sorry

If I find a way you can try it for free I will let you know hehe

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

@Hawk: wait a bit and you will be able to get an official version for a few quids.
You can already purchase (legitimate) steam keys for 20-25E (Steam official price is 49.99E ...).

JamoZ

If you want, there is always a "demo"  ::)

doubledragoncc

I only paid £19

DD

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on October 12, 2016, 11:07:18 AM
If you want, there is always a "demo"  ::)

Yes I know, but I usually make my mind up about a product and just buy it, but with Milestones reputation a demo, a cheapy, or even a freebee is a must(I'm willing to stick it to Milestone for past crap they've released and they way they treat their customers). There as bad as Apple! :P

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Normally I would agree Hawky, but this time it seems apart from a few points it is FAR better. I really enjoy it but will shoot the guy who made the sound for the CB650F on the spot lol.

Some of the small tracks are so much pleasure to race on, good layouts and graphics. There is a great atmosphere to them.

Its the same as a few pints in cost so what the hell lol

DD

Urban Chaos 2.0

It's funny how I was one of probably a few people who liked Ride 1 on this forum, and now I think I'm one of the few who totally dislike Ride 2. I don't like Ride 1 either though. Not anymore.

Hawk

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on October 12, 2016, 02:24:20 PM
It's funny how I was one of probably a few people who liked Ride 1 on this forum, and now I think I'm one of the few who totally dislike Ride 2. I don't like Ride 1 either though. Not anymore.

ROFL!  ;D

It's GPBikes all the way for you now then?  ;D

Hawk.

davidboda46

My two cents, still the same Milestone shite. The TT tracks are nice, the bike models are pretty good, fun to be able to slide the bike with the rear and have a sense of control (that I miss in GP-Bikes) rider style customization and the rider rag doll. But other than that, nope. Bad AI, animations at a closer inspection are not good (no front brake/clutch animations), the bikes understeer like a m---f---, no look to apex (I can't play in 3rd person anymore), the background scenery is boring, the sound is awful and the gameplay quickly becomes to repetitive.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Blackheart

How to tell if a person has never tried Ride 2?

Quote from: davidboda46 on October 12, 2016, 11:49:18 PM
...the sound is awful...

;D Easy

JamoZ

The sounds on some bikes are actually very good. Some bikes sound less impressive yes, but to say they are aweful is a bit of a stretch imo. Ride 1's sounds were aweful yes  ;D