• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Incorporate Slow Forward/Back Axis and Lean Forward/Back Axis...

Started by CapeDoctor, June 06, 2016, 01:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

Hi PiBoSo
i've been thinking about this a lot recently while trying out different controller configurations, and i really think it might be a good idea, if ithis can be done, as it would free up an extra controller input function, maybe?
Basically, those few times when you are 'walking' the bike back or forward should never interfere with the rider leaning forward or back while at speed for aerodynamic/braking effects, so i think this might make things a little easier all round, if the same inputs could be used, and it would simply 'transition' between which to use depending on the speed of the bike (walking speed/anything else...)
Just a thought, thrown out into the world-wise web, lol  ;D

Klax75

Quote from: CapeDoctor on June 06, 2016, 01:21:45 PM
Hi PiBoSo
i've been thinking about this a lot recently while trying out different controller configurations, and i really think it might be a good idea, if ithis can be done, as it would free up an extra controller input function, maybe?
Basically, those few times when you are 'walking' the bike back or forward should never interfere with the rider leaning forward or back while at speed for aerodynamic/braking effects, so i think this might make things a little easier all round, if the same inputs could be used, and it would simply 'transition' between which to use depending on the speed of the bike (walking speed/anything else...)
Just a thought, thrown out into the world-wise web, lol  ;D

I use manual rider, and it seems like doing it this way. When I am on the line before I start I tuck in. But I'd start walking forward with this method. :)

CapeDoctor

yes, well, i guess for those who want to tuck in while stationary, it would be a problem.
i would have thought, however, that this is not true for most riders, but maybe i'm wrong...?
for those who don't, however. this would be a great solution, as it would free up an axis for me to use while racing.
controller-wise, it would be a nice solution, however i might have to post up an image of my controller and how i currently use it, in order for anyone to easily see the big advantage of this - for me, at least.
if it's an issue for others, then.. well, they will still have a free axis in which to set it up as they want...?