• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:58 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

m_iState in SPluginsRaceClassificationEntry_t

Started by HornetMaX, June 06, 2016, 08:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

@Piboso: random questions on fields in racedata stuff. What do these mean/indicate ?

• m_iSessionState in SPluginsRaceSession_t / SPluginsRaceSessionState_t / SPluginsRaceClassification_t
  • m_iState in SPluginsRaceClassificationEntry_t / SPluginsRaceCommunication_t
  • m_iPit in SPluginsRaceClassificationEntry_t
  • m_iActive in SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t

HornetMaX

Up :)

Figuring out how this stuff actually works is pretty annoying (as it requires to involve otehrs, on a server, testing multiple situations).

doubledragoncc

As I said Max just say when you need a server and one is yours to work on bro

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 13, 2016, 10:18:57 AM
As I said Max just say when you need a server and one is yours to work on bro
I know DD, thanks for the help. But there's too much stuff to figure out and I'd end up in wasting a lot of my time.
And your too, as I'd need multiple players to join the server and do all sort of messy stuff.

15min of Piboso's time (to add some minimal comment to the plugin data structures) can save hours.

doubledragoncc

Well the offer is there and I can be a rider for you to whip and beat to do your wishes oh great app master

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 13, 2016, 12:06:50 PM
How many people and for how long roughly??
How many: the more the merrier. 2-3 is OK-ish. More may be required once, to test some specific stuff.

How long: more or less forever. Things to test:

• behavior in different "states" (practice, quali, warm-up, race etc).
  • check different positions (e.g. in the top-5, just outside, outside, last). Here's where I may need more than 3 players.
  • check if everything is fine when you're lapped (one or more times).
  • check what happens when once quits the session.
  • check what happens when one quits the the race (DNF/OUT).
And for sure other corner cases I'm forgetting.

Of course, I'll have to make changes to the code on the fly, meaning we'll have to reproduce some situations more than once (and some may take a while to reproduce, like doing a few laps).
Also, I'll be disconnecting/reconnecting a lot: by experience, at some point I'll run into no longer being able to connect, or the server will go crazy, or both.

So, as good old Walter S. once said, we will be entering a world of pain. Hence, the more I can (try to) get right before testing, the better.

There's little reason to spend time guessing something that can be clarified easily beforehand.
I'll just code and test it as much as I can and then ship it out so that you can use it while online: if you see something strange, screenshot and send to me. Hoping the plugin won't crash badly, screwing your race :O)

doubledragoncc

I can set a server aside just for you Max and give you admin password so you can control it as you want.

I am up as one piggy to test. You can use me for the testing of slow asses being in the way lol.

DD

Hawk

Just say the word Max and I'll be there on the server. Evenings @ 20:00 GMT preferred though.  ;)

Hawk.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 13, 2016, 10:14:56 AM

Figuring out how this stuff actually works is pretty annoying (as it requires to involve otehrs, on a server, testing multiple situations).

If you have patience, a new plugin example source code will be released soon. It is in progress, with a lot more comments.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 13, 2016, 04:19:30 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 13, 2016, 10:14:56 AM

If you have patience, a new plugin example source code will be released soon. It is in progress, with a lot more comments.

OK thanks, I may want to wait for that.