• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:40:09 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Track edge detection - cores

Started by h106frp, June 18, 2016, 10:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

I concur - the offline is much less stable than the online in Beta 8 .

I find that quite funny! But I am slightly crackers
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

CapeDoctor

man - what a difference a bit of core stability makes to this sim!
done a total of about 2.5 hours on Victoria running as local host game, not a single core crash so far, and as a result, in that relatively short space of time, i've been able to improve my best lap time around Victoria by almost 2 whole seconds!
sheesh - that says a lot - basically, for a sim like this, core stability is of utmost importance.
i don't know about others here, but i usually need a few laps just to get myself 'in the zone', and when you suffer core crashes every 2 or 3 laps, getting into that zone is nigh impossible.
so, with stability comes much improved playability.
sounds obvious, i guess, but dear PiB, please do something about this, so that guys who play mainly offline for whatever reasons, can still have a nice experience with the sim.

doubledragoncc

So glad to hear that DOC and that one of my dumb sounding ideas actually works lol.

I hope that Pib introduces the trainer like in MXB as it would also be a big plus for people like yourself with bad or no internet.

I hate these companies that make a game where you can not even use it unless online!!!! It is a discrimination in my mind and they forget to tell you it means the cost of the game is its price AND that of internet!!!!

Happy Ridin DOC

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.