• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 

Questions about daily development

Started by Alby46, June 21, 2016, 09:07:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo


Oh by the way: Snappe last week fixed the rider model.
As soon as I have some free time I will export it and post a screenshot...
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 01, 2016, 09:33:24 pm

Oh by the way: Snappe last week fixed the rider model.
As soon as I have some free time I will export it and post a screenshot...


Nice! Looking forward to seeing the screenshots..... I presume you do mean the GPB rider model?  ;D

Hawk.

Blackheart

fixed rider model?  :o

Do u mean feet and shaders or what else?

Vini

very good news!

can't wait for the screens.

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 31, 2016, 12:33:11 pm
In the meantime the Vive arrived... And the desktop parts I had to buy the day after because my laptop couldn't handle it  :'(
Haven't built / used a desktop in ages... Can't wait to have free time to put it together and test the OpenVR I wrote some weeks ago.


Good news, hopefully you have a GFX card that'll let you turn up your supersampling which I highly recommended if possible. I just wondered if the OVR SS will cause the same issue as the same Nvidia setting talked about on here a while back?

Vini

does the "Xinput fix" in the daily development mean that the game no longer crashes when you exit the pits with the controller disconnected/turned off?

PiBoSo

Quote from: vin97 on August 15, 2016, 04:18:51 am
does the "Xinput fix" in the daily development mean that the game no longer crashes when you exit the pits with the controller disconnected/turned off?


No, a bug with POV support.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

TheFatController

August 20, 2016, 06:47:54 am #22 Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:50:12 am by TheFatController
PiBoSo..

'completed work on shape blend support'

Sounds great!.. Will this also be applicable to other parts / Will the modeller be able to specify parts?

I could see this being very useful elsewhere, specifically the front brake cable so it doesn't split, and possibly front fork gators on older bikes and other things along these lines.

Could it also be used to better improve the tyre deformation model, even if only visually? Or is that just not worth it / not possible..

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on August 20, 2016, 06:47:54 am
PiBoSo..

'completed work on shape blend support'

Sounds great!.. Will this also be applicable to other parts / Will the modeller be able to specify parts?

I could see this being very useful elsewhere, specifically the front brake cable so it doesn't split, and possibly front fork gators on older bikes and other things along these lines.

Could it also be used to better improve the tyre deformation model, even if only visually? Or is that just not worth it / not possible..


Ah yes, for sure, thank you for the ideas!
Tyre deformation would work better with a new ad-hoc code, though.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".


h106frp

If we have support for deform-able springs will we also have support for the fixed pivot points for the rods and linkages?

PiBoSo

Quote from: h106frp on August 21, 2016, 11:13:12 am
If we have support for deform-able springs will we also have support for the fixed pivot points for the rods and linkages?


Do you mean for the rear suspension linkages?
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

h106frp

Mainly rear suspension to stop it interfering with the spring, but also hoping it would work for the 1P steer damper

HornetMaX

Quote* GPB / MXB: brand new bike reset system


Sounds interesting ! Details ?

TheFatController

Yeah, please explain that one, sounds good!