• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Bike racing number plate

Started by h106frp, June 21, 2016, 02:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Could the racing number texture similar to MXB be applied to GPB?

It would be even better if the number could be assigned dynamically by the race server (hint) with modders just declaring the texture space(s)

Thank you.

doubledragoncc

I would have thought it would not be possible except for the original bikes in GPB as mod bikes 3D model would not have the number area in the same place for GPB to know where the number goes on the model.

Unless you meant that a specific named area of a model would be recognized by GPB to do this?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

In MXB gfx.cfg you can declare a 'plate' texture. If the texture is present is gets a number, if not its ignored so as long as modders know for the future all you need to do is add that texture space(s) to you model and then it can be altered dynamically.

doubledragoncc

Ok thats basically what I meant so I can not see why not unless P is just keeping things under his hat until beta 9 lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: h106frp on June 21, 2016, 02:03:26 PM
Could the racing number texture similar to MXB be applied to GPB?

It would be even better if the number could be assigned dynamically by the race server (hint) with modders just declaring the texture space(s)

Thank you.

It was decided to leave race numbers out, because in GP every rider uses a custom font.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

h106frp

I am guessing that with the current desire to stream races this would be a nice optional feature to include. It would not be a lot of work to create mod bikes with the extra textures.

What do the race organizers think?

Napalm Nick

I think it would be good for this streaming lark to ensure numbers are different. Depends if people can bear not being No.46 every time. I suspect they can't.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

ROFLMBO.......................Nice one centurion, nice one

DD

Vini

would be a nice, optional feature.
not urgent though.