• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

(binary ?) edit Testing start position

Started by mst, July 09, 2016, 07:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

If you watch the MotoGP you will see they have them lined up to go along the pitlane pointing along it!!! NOT sitting in the pit garage or facing the pit wall.

So to make GPB real, why are bikes facing the pit wall when it is wrong? Even if the rider is doing a test ride, it is normal that the bike is facing in the direction of the pitlane, sometimes at a slight angle but never facing the wall.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 09, 2016, 10:53:40 PM
If you watch the MotoGP you will see they have them lined up to go along the pitlane pointing along it!!! NOT sitting in the pit garage or facing the pit wall.

So to make GPB real, why are bikes facing the pit wall when it is wrong? Even if the rider is doing a test ride, it is normal that the bike is facing in the direction of the pitlane, sometimes at a slight angle but never facing the wall.

DD

Exactly what I do DD and totally agree with you mate.  ;)

But I think most bikes are positioned correctly in the track pit lanes aren't they? I think there are only two or three tracks that could do with changing and adjusting?  :-\

Quote from: mst on July 09, 2016, 10:52:25 PM
Opening the victoria.trp in TrackEd, and clicking on view/race data is crashing TrackED :(

Can any of you guys confirm TrackED crashes with the same procedure?

Is it because it's an "old" track, and I need to download a newer version from the MEGA site ?

Pib has released a new version of TrackED that should fix this problem. Try downloading the Track Tools package again.  ;)

Hawk.

mst

Quote from: Hawk on July 10, 2016, 08:11:38 AM
Pib has released a new version of TrackED that should fix this problem. Try downloading the Track Tools package again.  ;)

Hawk.
Thanks, TrackEd doesn't crash now, but ...

The sim says "Pit Lane Full" after I changed the heading to 90.0 (from 0.0).

I guess Victoria's pits are unique since the bike is "inside" the pit "chamber"

No worries, using the Ducati GP15, it's no problem turning quickly and at low speed.

I'll try the Murasama 990 again, maybe my skills have (slightly) improved :)

doubledragoncc

Hawk I do NOT do a thing with tracks m8 I do not have the time as I have a ton going on as it is.

My point is that I dont care too much about all this but Piboso should for the one and only track he has on the demo!!!

It should be a priority to fix it and it aint hard for him to do

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

janaucarre

July 10, 2016, 10:06:43 AM #19 Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:12:29 AM by janaucarre
Pitlane full significates you forget to do something in the rdf file(pit;start/finish;and so...)
For the .Pkz => rename in .rar or in .zip extract it in the trackd folder,  if you don't have one  create it.
Another little thing you'll probably do false in the near future :
In the rdf file,  the left coordinates MUST BE IN "- 10.05924"  not in +
For the centerline, the first segment must be a straight and the last must be a curve,  and they must be well connected when you close the centerline.

mst

Quote from: janaucarre on July 10, 2016, 10:06:43 AM
Pitlane full significates you forget to do something in the rdf file(pit;start/finish;and so...)

I guess that's the "consumer" / "non-developer" error message  8)

Would be nice if the sim had a "debug" option, where the exact error could be spelled out.

** I redid it, and it's "working" now.

"Working", in that the bike is still in the "pit room", but now it faces directly the left wall ... LOL.

Maybe if I add some kind of offset to pit lane coords, the bike will be out on the actual pit lane ? .. Will try that.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 10, 2016, 09:34:18 AM
Hawk I do NOT do a thing with tracks m8 I do not have the time as I have a ton going on as it is.

My point is that I dont care too much about all this but Piboso should for the one and only track he has on the demo!!!

It should be a priority to fix it and it aint hard for him to do

DD

Agree mate, it's a couple of min job to sort that, but Pib probably wouldn't agree with the reasons to do it so...... .   :-X

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I am gonna make sure that in my review for GPB that I kinda point it out to newbies with the back brake tip and give them a bit more reason to get a license lol..................

Got another license sale from the last live stream to Luke from Australia yesterday so they are starting to work.

DD

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 10, 2016, 11:31:21 AM
I am gonna make sure that in my review for GPB that I kinda point it out to newbies with the back brake tip and give them a bit more reason to get a license lol..................

Got another license sale from the last live stream to Luke from Australia yesterday so they are starting to work.

DD

Good news DD.... Keep up the good work mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk