• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:43:01 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[RESOLVED] Strange new problem - major lag with control inputs....

Started by CapeDoctor, July 09, 2016, 08:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

just wondering if anyone has experienced this before - i've been busy testing the new Ducati 955 out quite a lot yesterday, with nothing but happy reports.
this morning, when i took it out for an early morning run around Mugello, i suddenly find i have a lag of well over a second between any control input on my Logitech F310 gamepad, and actual response from the game.
as you can imagine, nigh on impossible to ride like this...
a little busy this morning, but on my list of things to do will of course, be a reboot, and see what happens.
i really just wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything similar before? - it's really unsettling. lol

doubledragoncc

Not had this before DOC....................

Was it JUST Mugello or other tracks.

If you also want to do a full online test on Mugello I have set GPBOC5 to it for you.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

As it's not been reported before and I must admit I haven't had this happen before on GPB, but I have had it happen before on another game, and I found it was either a virus/malware or something running in the background taking up resources. I did a full system virus/malware scan and then did a CClean and registry clean and it sorted it.... But cannot guarantee this will fix your problem here.  ;)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Did you have GPB open twice by mistake?? Iv'e had this happen a few times.

doubledragoncc

Were you actually awake bro?

Sorry l am in a funny mood lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

CapeDoctor

thanks for all the interest, chaps - appreciated  ;)

as expected, after a saturday morning shopabout, a good old reboot seems to have cured whatever the issue was.
one thing i've not yet experienced with GPB is force feedback, so i also borrowed a Logitech Rumblepad w from a mate of mine, which i am going to try out this afternoon. that, combined with my Buttkicker, should provide for some entertainment.  ;D
thanks again for the replies!

CapeDoctor

well, i can at least now do a comparative test - the Logitech RumblePad 2 absolutely sucks for GPB, especially compared to my F310.
i thought i'd see what FF is like, but either i didn't set it up properly, or my mates one is a bit buggered. it had no FF at all to start with, and when i pressed a button that looked like it might be the rumble on/off button  - it rumbled every time i pressed it, but never in the game....
besides that, the front triggers are also pretty crap compared to the F310.
just thought i'd throw that out there, for what it's worth...  :P

h106frp

Rumble only works with MaxHud - and its very good  :)

CapeDoctor

well,i have FF enabled in the settings at 100%.
i have Rumble on in MaxHUD, with the following settings:
Device: [1] Xinput #1 [disconn.]
Rumble Crashed: True
Acc. Strength: 100%
Acc. threshold: 0.30 [g]

still, although there is a button named 'vibration' on the gamepad, and it gives a nice little vibration when i press it, the problem is that this is still the only time it vibrates. try as i might, there is no vibration in-game whatsoever, running over kerbs, crashing, nada.....
as such, useless - i just don't know if it's a problem with this (well-used) Rumblepad of my mate's, or some other issue.
i mean, i know that it does in fact rumble - just not as it's supposed to.

HornetMaX

Force feedback is not rumble. You only have force feedback on wheels (e.g. Logitech g27) and some ultra-exotic joysticks. Joypad have no force feedback.

Rumble is just a vibration of the joypad. If you have a joypad with rumble, MaxHUD will allow to use that feature (vibration).

The RumblePad sucks big time: it's a poor joypad overall, your F310 is way better.

CapeDoctor

thanks for the info - as the F310 is my first ever gamepad (bought specifically for GPB), it's about all i have as a reference point, but i also find the F310 much nicer.