• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:14:05 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPB no longer runs, core.exe does nothing...? [SOLVED]

Started by CapeDoctor, July 24, 2016, 05:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

July 24, 2016, 05:47:16 PM Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:37:26 PM by CapeDoctor
hey folks
i've been away on a course for the weekend, pc was off except for a little while last night, but not run GPB since Friday.
now, when i try to run core.exe, buggerall happens...the mouse pointer has a loading circle thingy, but that's it.
when i look at running processes, i see 4 instances of core.exe there, maybe cause i have 4 cores? but either way, nothing is happening other than that...
anyone have any idea what might be up?

Hawk

Quote from: CapeDoctor on July 24, 2016, 05:47:16 PM
hey folks
i've been away on a course for the weekend, pc was off except for a little while last night, but not run GPB since Friday.
now, when i try to run core.exe, buggerall happens...the mouse pointer has a loading circle thingy, but that's it.
when i look at running processes, i see 4 instances of core.exe there, maybe cause i have 4 cores? but either way, nothing is happening other than that...
anyone have any idea what might be up?

When you say you have 4 core.exe running, do you have 4 GPB's running at same time off one shortcut?

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I can run all 3 servers, which means 3 times core.exe and run my own GPB which makes it 4 core.exe and never a problem so I am surprised it still wont load except it is on the same drive, mine are on 4 drives.

Have you cleaned out your registry and closed the 3 other core.exe with task manager?

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

CapeDoctor

well, that's why i mentioned it - it looks almost as if there are 4 instances of core.exe running simultaneously off one run of the exe file? i'm pretty sure that's not the way it normally runs, usually there should only be one?
what seems to make things even worse, is that none of these 4 core.exe processes will end - i cannot kill them whatsoever - well, nothing short of a reboot, anyway.
i then now just ran an older beta 8 version that i haven't used in months, and that runs straight off the bat, no problems.
so the 'installed' version seems to just have lost the plot a bit as to how it wants to run, lol... i dunno.  :P
i've been on course, it's been tiring, and i'm just a little too knackered to deal with this sort of thing right now. let me just get a good night's rest and i'll see how things looks tomorrow evening.  :)

CapeDoctor

thought i'd just post up a pic of the core.exe processes i have in task man, just so we all know exactly what i'm on about -

lol, i see in this screen there are actually 5 of them running, although the 5th might be due to me trying to run the exe again.

CapeDoctor

this is a little bizarre, but nevertheless, this is what i tried as a last resort before doing a full reinstall(at a later time) - i took the 'core'exe' file from the backup older version of beta8, copied it over the non-functioning newer version, and now she loads up and seems to be running fine. going to do a few laps around Nemuno Ziedas which i'm just discovering now and seems quite fun, then off to bed  8)

doubledragoncc

Sounds like your exe was corrupt. It has happened before but dumbass here forgot about it sorry.

Hope its good now

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

CapeDoctor

yep. all good so far - i've marked thread as solved, just did a nice couple of laps and now off to club duvet  8)