• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:06:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Release] Honda CBR900RR 1.3b

Started by Blackheart, August 15, 2016, 11:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Obviously the sound has nothing to do with the cbr, but waiting something better, this is ok for tests.

I remember that for now its all my stuff, except the engine map (Alone work), The only things missing are the sounds and a better geometry.

Eagle

Right. Waiting impatiently for the release. It's good to see old bikes being made.

doubledragoncc

August 31, 2016, 06:38:28 AM #77 Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:27:34 AM by doubledragoncc
The bike is brilliant SAS and I have only ridden the Alpha lol

DD

EDIT: I forgot to say. Love the clocks Blacky
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Soon big news,  the guys works hard on this bike :) 

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

grimm

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on August 30, 2016, 03:50:52 PM...Hopefully nobody got me wrong in my approach.

I totally get where you're coming from, the lack of documentation on anything GPB related with modding is frustrating to say the least. WAV files associated with the default bikes seem to not be able to be played on any program I have, let alone one that would let me figure out (reverse engineer) the way this is all structured so I could find the proper length and sound to replace each file with. So, basically, I'm out. Really tried to help with anything I could with GP Bikes but I guess I'm just computer illiterate after a decade of trying my hardest to understand this stuff.

I'll leave the modding to you guys, thanks for explaining some of this to me though, wish I could be more helpful, but, I guess it's just real motorcycles are where my mind functions, numbers and calculations in cyber space is beyond my abilities. Best of luck getting this bike dialed in, I'll love to try it out when it actually hits download worthy status.  ;)

Blackheart

I understand the frustration. We are working with incomplete tools or with nothing.   :(

I will see with the other team members, what can be done, for now the focus is having the best possible physics.

grimm

Far as I've tested, the physics are getting very good both in the beta's and in the mod bikes, your CBR900RR is probably one of the best mod bikes I've ridden yet as it is stable and still flickable, the engine power is great, and it feels like my 900RR as much as any sim can come close to it. I'll still stay on finding a way to record good sound samples, but, like I said, I'm pretty sure someone with far more knowledge with modding will be able to do a far better job than me.  :)

Warlock

Grimm you don't have to do it man, there are people here capable of that, but the hardest part is to find the good samples. And there is where you can help, that Dyno run surrounded of mics is waiting for you ;D

Blackheart

@grimm

thx I appreciate your positive opinion on my work, engine and geometries need a restyle, be more real as possible.

I agree with Warlock, have clean samples is already a lot! U dont need learn nothing to be very helpful  ;)

IronHorse

This is going to be so freakin kool. You are doing a fantastic job blackheart. Im really blown away at the work that goes into this.

Blackheart

Quote from: IronHorse on September 01, 2016, 11:24:07 AM
This is going to be so freakin kool. You are doing a fantastic job blackheart. Im really blown away at the work that goes into this.

ty very much  :D

Eagle

QuoteI totally get where you're coming from, the lack of documentation on anything GPB related with modding is frustrating to say the least.
That's true. Most of the information I have about GPBikes' systems is from tests and a bit from the modding wiki that is sadly quite empty and probably outdated since.
QuoteWAV files associated with the default bikes seem to not be able to be played on any program I have, let alone one that would let me figure out (reverse engineer) the way this is all structured so I could find the proper length and sound to replace each file with.
The native bikes' samples are encrypted; which mean they can't be read nor edited by extern programs. You can still use other files or a full bike as a testbed and figure out how things work. I think that's how we all do/did to learn. For sample length and rev levels, I think they are relative to the studied engine; it's all a matter of needs. You can also use Max's GUI SCL editor for a simpler configuration. Before this magical tool, everything had to be calculated (with some formula etc...), worked on raw text and then tested in-game. I can guarantee you much more time and effort was spent this way!
QuoteSo, basically, I'm out. Really tried to help with anything I could with GP Bikes but I guess I'm just computer illiterate after a decade of trying my hardest to understand this stuff.
Don't down yourself. It is often difficult to get used to a certain workflow. And for the race analogy, sometimes you loose speed, sometimes you even crash! But who knows ? Someday you could even get the best lap!

Heh, anyway. I am not forcing you to do anything; it's all up to you. If you have enough motivation and passion, I think you can do this.

grimm

I very much appreciate the kind words from you guys, knowing the default sounds are encrypted explains a ton, I thought it was some format I've ever seen before. Guess I'm overthinking this big time. Always wanted to learn at least something about modding on GP Bikes and messing about with the latest .eng equipped test of the 900RR really showed me that I wasn't off the mark at all with the one I had made, just needed some finer tuning in the files associated with it and it would have worked decently, even found the actual rev counter line in the config for the 3rd person view and toned down the 15k redline to the actual 12k the 900 rev's out to in actuality. Despite the onboard being fantastic, controlling proper wheelies can be done a little better from 3rd person in some instances so it helps having the option to switch between available views.

I'll mess about with some things and report back on what I find. Even just getting a custom sound, regardless of how good or bad it is, might be worth exploring just for experience sake. Who knows, maybe someday I'll be a "go to" guy when it comes to certain aspects of mod bikes on GP Bikes. Every little bit helps to create a strong community of modders.  8)

Warlock

For sure.  :)

Nobody here was born with the knowledge, we all learned putting time and effort, so everyone with some patience can learn.
There is enough talent in this forum to help anyone who want to learn. So, go for it  ;)