• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:08:18 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[Release] Honda CBR900RR 1.3b

Started by Blackheart, August 15, 2016, 11:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alone

Quote from: Blackheart on August 27, 2016, 11:08:24 AM
Someone can try to create a similar curve with the gpb Engine Editor?

Try it, maybe could be a first step to work around (attached).

Model looks nice :)

doubledragoncc

Original file is called RR900.engn so I take it it will need renaming ?

Thanks Alone will try it in the morning. (Controllers are all in bits lol)

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

August 28, 2016, 11:53:08 PM #63 Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:54:58 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: Alone on August 28, 2016, 09:59:23 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on August 27, 2016, 11:08:24 AM
Someone can try to create a similar curve with the gpb Engine Editor?

Try it, maybe could be a first step to work around (attached).

Model looks nice :)

Great job i love it! thx

@DD for test the map copy/paste torque and brake lines in my map file, but u need change too much things for good result, maybe it is better wait the beta release.

It is useless release a new alpha test, because I change something every day. (when I find the time  :P )

doubledragoncc

But I want a new version NOW!!!

Or I will tell your mummy!!!

NP Blacky, I have so much to do so I can wait and will be better for videos with new cockpit.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

grimm

Went out and dodged cops, pushed through busy intersections, and rode like a nutter for a few miles, got 7 minutes of sound recorded and some of it has a little wind noise, some of it is kind of muffled like the sound you hear with a helmet on, but I'll get it pulled off my recording device and post it up (or send it to Black?) and see if any of it is usable. After putting the race tail on the 900 I lost some storage space, so it may take getting more creative for better sound.

MPEG-4 (.m4a) okay?

http://www.filedropper.com/cbr900rrsoundsample

Up to about 4:30 is some nice off and on the throttle samples, after 4:30 to about 5:55 is hooning on the highway (couple wheelies, some full throttle pulls) but the wind noise sounds horrible in the background. I'll try for some better sound again soon, still no word on the dyno time either, but when I know I'll be sure to post about it.

Blackheart

First of all, thank you, unfortunately yes the wind has ruined the registration.

From tomorrow I have other guys who help me with physics, so I get time for some audio tests and analyze this audio file.  ;)

grimm

Awesome! Even if it's not usable, it still sounds like some hard riding for heavy traffic and a cop on nearly every road I took. Still, I don't give a F**K about cops. No signal lights, no mirrors, obviously loud exhaust, and an attitude and riding style akin to a stunt rider. No rear brake means the wheelies were manic throttle inputs and low front wheel altitude, but hey, it's still someone out thrashing a 893cc 1st gen 'blade like it's stolen from the dealership.

I actually encourage anyone that wants to, download that audio file and give it a listen, it is 7+ minutes of riding like a total jerk in traffic, or, riding WFO every chance I could get trying to get nice throaty full throttle sound samples, and testing mic placement too. I had alot of fun recording it, and I'll do more when I get a chance. Kinda busy today, but if I find some time this evening I'll go for it again when rush hour is over with and the streets are empty. :)

Eagle

It is very likely the clip won't be fitted for sample creation. Since sample frequency modulation is a very capricious method, as anything unwanted in the sample will also get the changes, a recording made without certain preparations is expected to give a flawed and pretty uncomfortable playback in plus of giving a harder job to the one that configures the simulated audio.

Preferably, you would need to run the vehicle on a dyno, in a silent open space, and vary the revs on specific levels. You would also need a certain setup to efficiently record the sound on the desired location (engine, exhaust, pilot seat etc..). A technique used by professionals, with another kind of means, unfortunately.

Ideally, granular synthesis or procedural engine audio simulation is what we, or likely PiBoSo since he is the only one with control over the engine, should be going for. It demands a consequent amount of knowledge in different domains, but can do wonders when mastered.

This video's simulation is procedurally generated/processed by the CPU. No sample were used for the simulation.
https://youtu.be/vKnfO3LFPls

grimm

That gives me a crazy idea... Live For Speed has *ahem* unofficial modding programs that can change engine type to a level of detail that you could actually reproduce the 900RR engine rather realistically, and in turn, the sound editing built into the game could be used to tune in a near perfect note (generated by a computer as you are saying) that could be run in a controlled environment in order to get audio samples that are recorded without any outside influence. It's not really what you are saying we should go for, but it could allow us to record samples in a way that does away with echo and wind... especially being that with the LFS stuff you can isolate everything from just exhaust pipe to transmission noise, so isolating just the engine sound itself is more than possible. I think I used to use a program called Audacity? Made recording songs for a radio style playlist easier than anything else I've used, and could be used to record in almost any audio format possible in conjunction with Live For Speed modded to the gills in order to achieve that perfect 900RR exhaust note.

Just a thought. I could explore it further today as I smashed my left hand in the shop and can't really pull a clutch right now.

Eagle

Tuning audio is about altering a sample. Procedural audio using CPU generated waveforms (as shown earlier) is another thing. If this method you mentioned is effective though, then it's entirely fine. First target is to get clean, loop-able and well transitioning samples. Try to locate where the sound is different (not just the pitch) on the rev range and it should be good for the current system. On a more abstract scope, I think there should be a sample set per type of engine; using cylinders (and valves?) numbers, crankshaft configuration (flat-plane/cross-plane) and exhaust system (all in one, divisions, one per cylinder etc...) as difference factors.

It's all just idealistic ideas, though. If we can achieve one of them, the quality of the simulation would be greater, in my opinion. If we can get decent and pretty accurate sounding samples, then it's perfectly fine once again. Hopefully nobody got me wrong in my approach.

Blackheart

Here a Ulster lap with the all my recent changes to the physics  :)

https://www.youtube.com/v/Kx3UeAIuF4k

Eagle

It sounds like the old STK1000/SBK/SSP sets. I guess they were made similarly.

Blackheart

It's a physics test, read before thx.

Eagle

I didn't pretend the contrary: just pointed a funny similarity. It's also the first time you show the audio work since the other video with the Test Drive Unlimited ZX-10r samples.