• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:44 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Realism in game

Started by matty0l215, August 30, 2016, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you care if the in game bikes are realistic to real life?

Yes, In game bikes should use real world data as much as possible.
45 (95.7%)
No, the bike should be easy to ride whatever it takes.
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

doubledragoncc

I only have 30 degrees each side

I want it to be a bit more sensitive and faster. 100% is no filter but Piboso could increase the factor to allow a wider range making my 150% the actual 100%

I am shit at explaining such things sorry

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 31, 2016, 12:11:21 PM
I want it to be a bit more sensitive and faster. 100% is no filter but Piboso could increase the factor to allow a wider range making my 150% the actual 100%
But that's the point: it's not a factor you can increase. You can't filter less than "no filter".

What you could do is play with the linearity: in GPB it's only either linear (linearity 100%) or something flatter around the center (0% linearity).
It seems you'd like to try something else, something more responsive around the center.
To me that's would be a legitimate request, I think I asked Piboso in the past but he wasn't really impressed.
It's the same setting people in the radio-controlled world (cars, planes, helis etc) have under the name of Expo(nential) setting of each axis (stick) of their radio.

You can surely use some external software to set this kind of linearity curve, check Joystick Gremlin (http://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/).

doubledragoncc

I have 100% linearity, any less and it is useless and sloppy. It is simply that the values being used for direct lean need looking at. A value can be altered so you cant say that the filter can not be altered to work on a wider spectrum.

The rear brake is totally lacking in any power using real Gixxer rear-sets and a high quality pot so I guess only gamepads will work with GPB like MotoGP etc etc lol. If using real controls and using the full limit of the control input, the brake should lock up but as I have a larger throw of movement it is seen by GPB as if a granny is tickling the frickin brake pedal!!! And yes I have adjusted every bloody parameter but for 6 years I have said this and it never gets looked at!!!

It feels a lot of the time like even GPB is made just for gamepads as it is just not correct how certain inputs function. It really is as if all sensitivity is dulled down for gamepad stick movement limitation.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 31, 2016, 02:53:46 PM
I have 100% linearity, any less and it is useless and sloppy.
That's normal, actually you'd probalby need 150% linearity (meaning a steeper curve around center), but GPB doesn't allow this. It's the expo thing. You'd need an external tool unless Piboso decides to allow for that (like 0% linearity = very flat curve at center, 100% = straight line, slope=1, 200% = very steep curve at center). but if this will make your control leaning the bike more quickly, it will also make the bike more twitchy around center ...

It is simply that the values being used for direct lean need looking at. A value can be altered so you cant say that the filter can not be altered to work on a wider spectrum.
I can say that if with no filter at all (direct lean = 100%) you're unsatisfied, then asking for Direct Lean 150% doesn't make sense.
I don't know how to explain this any better. If at 100% there's no filter to speak of, how would you want to alter it ?!

The rear brake is totally lacking in any power using real Gixxer rear-sets and a high quality pot so I guess only gamepads will work with GPB like MotoGP etc etc lol. If using real controls and using the full limit of the control input, the brake should lock up but as I have a larger throw of movement it is seen by GPB as if a granny is tickling the frickin brake pedal!!! And yes I have adjusted every bloody parameter but for 6 years I have said this and it never gets looked at!!!

It feels a lot of the time like even GPB is made just for gamepads as it is just not correct how certain inputs function. It really is as if all sensitivity is dulled down for gamepad stick movement limitation.
The rear brake stuff is not a problem of GPB being dulled for pads. More likely it's an issue with the modeling of the rear brake (max braking force).
You could try to edit the bike's .cfg and give the rear brake more power, just to verify that.
If I recall correctly, others have complained that the rear brake is not strong enough (on default bikes), which input device one uses to check that doesn't really matter.

CapeDoctor

realism, please - i'm here for a simulator, not a watered-down kid's toy - there's e-nuff of those on the market already, lol  ;D