• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Realism in game

Started by matty0l215, August 30, 2016, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you care if the in game bikes are realistic to real life?

Yes, In game bikes should use real world data as much as possible.
45 (95.7%)
No, the bike should be easy to ride whatever it takes.
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

matty0l215

Quite a simple question. Give your reasons below :)

When it says "whatever it takes" i mean more for physics purposes rather than engine.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

LOOPATELI

of course use as much real data as possible, and if is not possible try to use the data of other bikes in the game, for example for moto3 bikes you can use and teak if is needed the 125 default bike data

BOBR6 84

Yeah realistic... if it sucks, slow down and find out why  ;D if it still sucks and you get too many WTF moments.. Wait for the next beta..  ;D ;D

matty0l215

Come on guys, 13 votes but only 2 comments... Give your reasons....

Blackheart

Reasons?  :o

You asked if the sky is blue, and yes it is.  :P

yan24

I am so that motorcycles is most real data, but if at the end the motorcycle is unplayable or if the motorcycle does not react as in the truth lives in them it is necessary to modify the data so that the motorcycle is a normal behavior. We can always put the truths to give but if the motorcycles of PIBOSO are not correct all the work is not correct.

Eagle

August 30, 2016, 04:15:38 PM #6 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:18:21 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
Yes. GPBikes' core concept is about real-life simulation. In no way the content should be adapted to purely subjective perspectives, often (if not always) inefficient in accuracy driven projects. I am pretty sure a big part of us bought PiBoSo's products with a certain idea in mind: experiencing unbiased unrestricted developmental accuracy driven race simulators. In other words, 'dem best racing sim of all tiem!'. Don't change that.

Edit: It makes even less sense to follow option #2 if some specific mods are meant to incarnate real motorcycles. I didn't sign for this!

Ryanoh4

After playing the game for a year now my conclusion is that GP Bikes is a bike sim not a riding sim and I don't think it ever will be, if the real world information doesn't work in the sim should it be used?

RiccoChicco

Quote from: Ryanoh4 on August 30, 2016, 06:18:27 PM
if the real world information doesn't work in the sim should it be used?

That means the physics engine has a bug, so it can help PiBoSo to understand the problem.

Eagle

QuoteAfter playing the game for a year now my conclusion is that GP Bikes is a bike sim not a riding sim and I don't think it ever will be, if the real world information doesn't work in the sim should it be used?
From what I understand, it is a MotoGP (prior to 2003?) influenced motorcycle racing simulator; where riding is an integrant part of the simulation. It is supposed to handle real world information. It is what it is designed around. If it doesn't, it's probably due to a bug or a feature not yet implemented.

doubledragoncc

Maybe I need to give the system to Piboso and not ISR so he can see how it is to ride with a gamepad AND real controls?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Eagle

QuoteMaybe I need to give the system to Piboso and not ISR so he can see how it is to ride with a gamepad AND real controls?
Ah ? What is he using for his tests ? :P

matty0l215

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on August 30, 2016, 07:38:01 PM
QuoteMaybe I need to give the system to Piboso and not ISR so he can see how it is to ride with a gamepad AND real controls?
Ah ? What is he using for his tests ? :P

Xbox 360 controller

h106frp

More consistent handling requires the 'direct lean' issue to be resolved, It really needs to be removed so that bikes can only react within their real life correct physical limits whatever the controller type.

Blackheart

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 30, 2016, 07:35:50 PM
Maybe I need to give the system to Piboso and not ISR so he can see how it is to ride with a gamepad AND real controls?

DD

I want it too, It was the price for the CBR  ;D (Just kidding !)  ;D