• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:34:48 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta9b

Started by PiBoSo, October 05, 2016, 11:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

GP Bikes beta9b released:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=news

Beta9b changelog:
fix: screen bigger than the monitor
fix: mouse pointer not reaching the bottom of the screen
fix: m_afSuspMaxTravel in SPluginsBikeEvent_t
new: front spring graph in physics debug mode, show the forces with coil alone and combined with air

Download:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads
( download mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

Release notes:
- a clean installation is strong recommended
- replays are not compatible with the previous versions
- pressing the reset button for three seconds the bike is reset to the track ( but only if the check lines have been generated )

Known bugs
- Unfortunately, the 125 bikes are completely unplayable, for reasons yet to be discovered, despite trying to constantly improve the physics and the data realism.

Sadly, the 125 is also the only bike in the demo, that thus becomes like a trial of faith:
http://www.youtube.com/v/NkGTyndJC1w

However, it is now clear that GP Bikes is purely a modding platform, that hopefully keeps getting better.

Blackheart

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 05, 2016, 11:35:47 AM
Sadly, the 125 is also the only bike in the demo, that thus becomes like a trial of faith:

Why dont put the 1000 in the demo? I dont understand this  ???

P.S. When a fix for the offline core.exe?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Blackheart on October 05, 2016, 11:48:31 AM
P.S. When a fix for the offline core.exe?

The issue is under investigation.
A fix will be released as soon as possible.

LOOPATELI

So we will have a beta9c update in few days weeks?

yan24

Hawk

October 05, 2016, 12:52:29 PM #6 Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:16:56 PM by Hawk
The new bike reset is great.... It just has a bug that needs fixing.  :P ;)

Beta9b Beta9c by any chance Piboso?  :)

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

October 05, 2016, 12:59:16 PM #7 Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:00:56 PM by Stout Johnson
I just want to point out that there are many that do like the new respawn system (apart from the being-stuck-glitch). The problem in your video should be adressed like MaX pointed out here. Then it is just fine.

The new system is as realistic as it can get without sacrificing replayability - for me it is a good compromise. It is a simulator for god's sake, so having to get from where the bike came to a halt on to the track again on your own is not asking too much imo. It is not even too realistic, as irl you often can not even continue after a crash, in GPB you always can. So for my taste, it could even be more realistic...

Edit @Hawk: It already is beta9b ;) you mean a beta9c with the stuck-in-the-wall-glitch adressed?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

JamoZ

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 05, 2016, 12:59:16 PMSo for my taste, it could even be more realistic...

Allright, keep a sledgehammer nearby when playing and the next time you crash you smash your keyboard, monitor, desk and computer and throw the pieces out the window.

Then you`ll have super realistic repair costs and time  ;D

teeds

Yea I really like the new reset  :) If my bike gets stuck behind some barrier or stuck in one (admittedly a bug) I just think that I crashed too hard and broke my bike, so back to the pits on a truck job  ;)

Beta9b is out now Hawk, you mean 9c?

yan24

October 05, 2016, 01:07:06 PM #10 Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:19:13 PM by yan24
Quote from: Hawk on October 05, 2016, 12:52:29 PM
The new bike reset is great.... It just has a bug that needs fixing.  :P ;)

Beta9b by any chance Piboso?  :)

Hawk.

If there are bugs why to free(release) him(it) now and to cause other problems or there is not??
On Beta9 there are problems of off-line CORE.EXE why not to favor this problem??

Stout Johnson

Quote from: teeds on October 05, 2016, 01:04:33 PM
Yea I really like the new reset  :) If my bike gets stuck behind some barrier or stuck in one (admittedly a bug) I just think that I crashed too hard and broke my bike, so back to the pits on a truck job  ;)
Good way to look at it. :) But I want Snappe to create "rider rolling in pain on the floor"-animation and I will accept that ;) because I want realism in all aspects :P

yan24

Quote from: JamoZ on October 05, 2016, 01:03:04 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 05, 2016, 12:59:16 PMSo for my taste, it could even be more realistic...

Allright, keep a sledgehammer nearby when playing and the next time you crash you smash your keyboard, monitor, desk and computer and throw the pieces out the window.

+1 

Yes even more realistic with wounds and after you cannot run(drive) any more during 3 weeks.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: yan24 on October 05, 2016, 01:07:06 PM
On Beta9 there are problems of outstanding CORE.EXE why not to favor this problem??

You don't seem to have followed this forum in the last 4-5 years, have you?! ;D Core.exe of course is more important and it has been posted here some trillion times (and in the MXB and the KRP forums)... Piboso sets his priorities... that's all that can be said.

JamoZ

Quote from: yan24 on October 05, 2016, 01:12:30 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on October 05, 2016, 01:03:04 PM

+1 

yes even more realistic with wounds and after you cannot run(drive) any more during 3 weeks.

When you crashed and threw the pc out the window, you obviously put on your helmet and leathers and throw yourself out the window too! Super realistic recovery!....or not :P