• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:08:31 PM

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

January 25, 2015, 11:35:59 AM #240 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:35:41 PM by h106frp
Even though i would love the TT, from a funding/resourcing  point of view improving the core engine has to be priority or you end up with the GP500 scenario, lots of excellent mods running in a very limited environment.

Found a link where they have scanned Douglas seafront though  8).. Indicates just how much detail laser scan captures even un-meshed

Sorry for the size, how do you scale linked images?

matty0l215

Quote from: h106frp on January 25, 2015, 11:35:59 AM

Quote this and see in the first bracket " width= "and the amount of pixels
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

girlracerTracey

January 25, 2015, 11:58:14 AM #242 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:15:52 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: h106frp on January 24, 2015, 09:19:33 PM
Re: bike handling issues

Remember watching something on the tele where they explained that the TT bikes were fitted with much more forgiving suspension than the track bikes, they swapped out rear shock and swingarms  and front suspension when taking track bikes to the TT - i think it was a Suzuki team.

A few models might need tweaking towards more toward road bike type setup to work well on this track - I'll have an RC30 please  ;D

I think your comment above is absolutely spot-on h106frp. In real life as we know if you take a racing motorcycle which is set-up up for a nice smooth short circuit and try to ride/race it round the IOM TT you are met with the same effect.

So I guess the solution to this might be for the designers of a particular bike's physics in the future, if & when a TT course of some sort becomes available, to design a softer "road race" range of suspension options for their bikes as h106frp implies.

grT

girlracerTracey

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 25, 2015, 10:00:24 AM
Quote from: docfumi on January 24, 2015, 09:30:19 PM
There's a lot of good ideas going around (crowd funding) but I still think a finished game would make me a lot happier
then a single track. I know it's not just a track it is the TT, but I'm all for The Greater Good!  :D
Doc, can I mouth-kiss you right now ? I agree 100%.

I like the idea of crowfunding, but we should crowfund the finished game first and then the rest.
GPB at the moment doesn't really handle bumpy tracks well, so what's the point in a laser-scanned very bumpy track ?

Pushing for a laser scanned TT track in GPB at the moment sounds a bit like the guy with no riding license already buying the custom exhaust ...

I think Piboso is right in saying "Yes, maybe ... at some point".

MaX.

I agree with you Max and docfumi. Doing an expensive laser scan imo can only arguably be justified and sensible if you have a finished and stable "vehicle" to hang the TT track from..

This is why the "TT Mini" track (with some enhancement on the graphics), if permission had been granted to convert it, could have have been imo such a perfect & fun "stop-gap" measure to satisfy the road racers amongst us in advance of gpbikes being further developed by PiBoSo to the point of a finished product at some time in the future. This was my thinking with this one.

What is clear from all this is that the level of interest in having an IOM TT track in gpbikes remains very high.

grT  ;)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: girlracerTracey on January 25, 2015, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: h106frp on January 24, 2015, 09:19:33 PM
Re: bike handling issues

Remember watching something on the tele where they explained that the TT bikes were fitted with much more forgiving suspension than the track bikes, they swapped out rear shock and swingarms  and front suspension when taking track bikes to the TT - i think it was a Suzuki team.

A few models might need tweaking towards more toward road bike type setup to work well on this track - I'll have an RC30 please  ;D

I think your comment above is absolutely spot-on h106frp. In real life as we know if you take a racing motorcycle which is set-up up for a nice smooth short circuit and try to ride/race it round the IOM TT you are met with the same effect.

So I guess the solution to this might be for the designers of a particular bike's physics in the future, if & when a TT course of some sort becomes available, to design a softer "road race" range of suspension options for their bikes as h106frp implies.

grT

yup.. No carbon wheels at the TT.. they would just split. also alot of riders lean towards using Maxton suspension which have great feel on the roads. of course EVERYTHING has to be lock wired, also you have to expand your fuel tank.. we did my mates tank with a tennis ball and an air compressor lol, popped it out from around 16litres to near enough 20ltrs on a 600cc lol

different world.. 4-6 laps of the isle of man TT circuit is just the biggest test for man and motorcycle.. Amazing!

do it piboso!!!  8)

ps. That video of TTmini with the 600.. the physics looks nice i have to say.. the bike soaks it all up quite nicely.

matty0l215

BOBR6 84

Lets just bloody pay the guy.. Lol  ::)

h106frp

Track building becomes an artform. This must surely the biggest detailed circuit model ever constructed, and all by the one guy - incredible. Cannot even begin to think what this would look like with a modern engine and extra graphical trickery.

That GPL graphics engine was way ahead of its time though.

matty0l215

Can't wait to see it finished, even in the GPL engine

But it looks bumpy as hell, would need a lot of smoothing. (I can see one of the SBK bikes just going skywords after a dodgy conrer :P)

h106frp

I would prefer to keep the bumps if they are realistic and have bikes set up for the TT track, it is a simulation after all.

Best thing i ever did to a race rep was fit new springs and spacers suited to normal everyday road surfaces, transformed it from a bone rattler into a nice stable platform. You could ride along and actually watch the front forks doing what they were supposed to do - absorb the bumps instead of transmitting them to the rider and chassis, the result was a much faster and more comfortable ride.

Reactive

January 29, 2015, 07:49:07 AM #251 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:51:00 AM by Reactive
Relax all of you, those bumpy track was only alpha test version to see is it possible to ride such huge track. My personal appreciates to Klax. Buddy, you saved the working version, and saved many nerve cells for all of us! Because i`m lost in all my versions of versions. So now no reasons to panic, only mechanical work with conversion into GPB version.

The main problem is absense of complicated GPS track with altitudes. All the tracks that i saw before (including PeterV`s), had very long distance between points. I think it must be 5 meters maximum (3 meters or less as ideal). I spending many hours, playing Suzuki TT Road Racing with PCSX2, and Im very impressed about how those road is very close to reality.

Any ideas about how to make complicated GPS track (or who will make it) are very welcome.

In my opinion this is the main and most important step.
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

h106frp

January 29, 2015, 08:11:25 AM #252 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:24:11 AM by h106frp
The comments on bumps were for JP's latest full length demo progress report, having watched the TV coverage it is 'bumpy' though, they had some good high speed camera footage of the bikes landing after getting airborne over small crests and bottoming in small dips with the suspension having to travel till the front fender hits the bodywork to soak it up and keep the bike settled, all at 150mph+. 

These are in the main British style country B roads, i think anyone who has ridden them with a bit of enthusiasm knows how uneven, bumpy and bendy  they are, most were originally laid at the turn of the century when vehicles were struggling to get to 40mph. Before the UK obsession with ca$h cameras it was scratching even on a well set up small capacity race rep with good handling.

doubledragoncc

You forgot to mention lens flares and flowerbeds H!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 29, 2015, 07:45:33 AM

Video removed ?

MaX.

Bugger :( It was just another progress video but it was looking promising.