• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Kawasaki ZX-10R Improved Engine Sounds

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, October 15, 2016, 03:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 20, 2016, 10:28:38 AM
Ok it seems to be a firefox issue. Copied the link and it worked in CHrome?

Just a heads up bro and thanks to you and the team for this

DD

EDIT: Now the question is...................do I use it on the server or wait for the next bikeMOD update??? It is getting hard to decide lol

To try and help you with that sort of dilemma DD, just think that CAWS only release updates through Matty's BikeMOD database, so in other words, no updates allowed unless they have already been released through the BikeMOD Database. It just saves any possible confusions mate.    ;) 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

So true Hawky, BUT....................those who have updated they cant get on a server!!!

so..............................If I run a server with fully updated bikes it gives guys a chance with both versions. It is still a hard decision in a way lol.
Plus I like to ride up to date bikes and one or two servers doing it is not a biggy out of 7 servers.

Have to think on it

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 20, 2016, 12:33:42 PM
So true Hawky, BUT....................those who have updated they cant get on a server!!!

so..............................If I run a server with fully updated bikes it gives guys a chance with both versions. It is still a hard decision in a way lol.
Plus I like to ride up to date bikes and one or two servers doing it is not a biggy out of 7 servers.

Have to think on it

DD

For a third party to make and personally test a change to a MOD Teams bikeMOD is one thing, but that change should not be published or released onto a public forum before it has been accepted and permissions given by the MOD Team.

So to make it clear: CAWS does not release updates outside the BikeMOD database, and any third party updates have to be approved by the CAWS Team before they are included and released and/or used on any servers. This is to keep the integrity of all the Teams bikeMODS consistent. CAWS MOD Team cannot be any clearer than that. Lol

FFS PIBOSO! Give us that file encryption tool QUICKLY! Hehe!  ;D

Hawk.

Urban Chaos 2.0

For the sake of a successful modding community, I think locking files for the benefit of a (very) small group of modders through encryption, is a very bad idea. The etiquette of asking for approval from someone to make changes to his/her mod is one thing, but completely locking people out from the activity of enhancing mods (to the potential benefit of many users) is very different. For something as small as GP Bikes, I don't see that as ever being a good thing.

Hawk

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on October 20, 2016, 02:12:26 PM
For the sake of a successful modding community, I think locking files for the benefit of a (very) small group of modders through encryption, is a very bad idea. The etiquette of asking for approval from someone to make changes to his/her mod is one thing, but completely locking people out from the activity of enhancing mods (to the potential benefit of many users) is very different. For something as small as GP Bikes, I don't see that as ever being a good thing.

Many of the very good modders will not even consider modding for a community unless their work is protected from abuse. Think on that.... Do we want good mods or not?  :)

Hawk.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Haha, so far mods have been quite "unprotected", yet I don't see a shortage of mods.

doubledragoncc

October 20, 2016, 02:58:44 PM #36 Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:01:08 PM by doubledragoncc
In many ways I agree with both of you but one thing I do NOT agree with is people taking control and telling us what we can and cant do. It is getting to a police state in here, I thought this was an open community not one governed by the modders or those who think they are above others. It is not a good thing to have.

I understand your reasoning but as long as mods are ONLY officially released by the modders what can the problem be.

This leaves me with the one question to Urban, was that 2.1 post from the makers of the bike or just you?

If not from the mod team then it should NOT be posted.

DD

EDIT: I see NO update notice from CAWS on this mod!!!
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 20, 2016, 02:58:44 PM
one thing I do NOT agree with is people taking control and telling us what we can and cant do.

I think the same.

CAWS use the GP Bikes Italia work ... but want a protection to the files?  ???   ;D too funny.

JamoZ

Wut? Encryption for mods? That must be the most ridicilous thing i`ve ever heard.

I`ve been modding games as long as i can remember, and i have never come across encrypted/locked mods. Look at the hunderds of mods for Assetto Corsa for example, some are very very high quality and i have yet to see some form of protection. It`s all down to the unwritten rule of not stealing/copying someones work without permission.

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on October 20, 2016, 03:11:07 PM
one thing I do NOT agree with is people taking control and telling us what we can and cant do.

I think the same.

CAWS use the GP Bikes Italia work ... but want a protection to the files?  ???   ;D too funny.

You'd make a good "Sun" newspaper journalist Blackheart, a paper I would gladly wipe my arse on everyday of the year!  :P

@DD: It's not about trying to control or say who can do what at all..... It's about avoiding a situation were any dick can come along and change a bikeMOD Teams version of their bikes without permissions and publish it. Surely all you guys, even you Blackheart, can understand the need for those kind of parameters/rules that need sticking to for those reasons, yes? OR do you advocate that once a modders work is published that it's a free for all and anyone can use that work as they please??

No one with any sense of decency would change another mod teams work and publish without permissions to do so surely guys!?  :-\

File Encryption Tool: JESUS CHRIST! I said it as a flippant frustrated joke and you guys blow it out of proportion.... Forget about the encryption tool! It was a JOKE! "Hehehe!!!  ;D" = JOKE guys!  ::)
That's not to say I don't support the release of an encryption tool as you can gather from my reply to Urban..... But only in situations were a community is abusing the modders work. Unfortunately sometimes it's needed and is handy to have as an optional tool just in case we get some dickheads around. But OH! Maybe we have already!? Hehehe!  ;D (JOKE)A terrible joke as all mine are but a joke none the less. Get used to it! Lol. :P

@JamoZ: Unwritten rules and etiquette - That's exactly right JamoZ, well said mate!
Maybe some here need those rules stamping to their heads before they'll understand them! Hehe! (Do I need to tell you guys again this was a little joke too?)   ::)  :P

Over and out guys!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

grimm

When I change anything on a mod bike I keep it to myself, and have a backup of the original folder/files, ya know, so I can race online if so desired. Kind of surprised that this has to be a conversation around any sim or game forum.

As much as it was a "joke" about the encryption tool, sometimes it is needed. LiveForSpeed was so buttoned up that it took years for people to figure out how to mod .VOB files to change car bodies, and there still isn't any (near) future hope for seeing any mod tracks either... so when I come across sims like GP Bikes, I am as respectful and thoughful as possible toward the people putting in the effort to bring additional content to the game.

Not trying to be rude here, but if you are releasing things that make changes to the core element of the vehicle or track compatibility without permission from the mod team, you can't be surprised when it causes issues in the community and upsets people.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Hawk on October 20, 2016, 04:59:25 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on October 20, 2016, 03:11:07 PM

I think the same.

You'd make a good "Sun" newspaper journalist Blackheart, a paper I would gladly wipe my arse on everyday of the year!  :P

@DD: It's not about trying to control or say who can do what at all..... It's about avoiding a situation were any dick can come along and change a bikeMOD Teams version of their bikes without permissions and publish it. Surely all you guys, even you Blackheart, can understand the need for those kind of parameters/rules that need sticking to for those reasons, yes? OR do you advocate that once a modders work is published that it's a free for all and anyone can use that work as they please??

No one with any sense of decency would change another mod teams work and publish without permissions to do so surely guys!?  :-\

File Encryption Tool: JESUS CHRIST! I said it as a flippant frustrated joke and you guys blow it out of proportion.... Forget about the encryption tool! It was a JOKE! "Hehehe!!!  ;D" = JOKE guys!  ::)
That's not to say I don't support the release of an encryption tool as you can gather from my reply to Urban..... But only in situations were a community is abusing the modders work. Unfortunately sometimes it's needed and is handy to have as an optional tool just in case we get some dickheads around. But OH! Maybe we have already!? Hehehe!  ;D (JOKE)A terrible joke as all mine are but a joke none the less. Get used to it! Lol. :P

@JamoZ: Unwritten rules and etiquette - That's exactly right JamoZ, well said mate!
Maybe some here need those rules stamping to their heads before they'll understand them! Hehe! (Do I need to tell you guys again this was a little joke too?)   ::)  :P

Over and out guys!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Comm on guys, do not be that offensive. You can talk it out in your own chat room, but you do not have to use any occasion to insult each other. I am not having a problem with you guys, but please, spare us. Maybe I am the only one who thinks like this, but I just wanted to get this of myskin, if you know what I mean.

Have a good one,

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Blackheart

Was a joke no offense taken  ;)

A simple solution use the pm... u want make a mod for a bike? Ask to the creator(s), dont put it on the forum. Easy.

Warlock

Urban Chaos if you release this on your own, you should put a BIG note beside the download link informing people will have problems connecting to the servers.
We told you we would include your files after we check them. We are not including the sounds as those won't cause any mismatch online, so anyone can use the sound they want.

Is this the final release of this file? so we can have a look?

doubledragoncc

Thanks for clearing that up for me Warlock

Sorry Urban but it was wrong for you to post it as an update version!!! This is for the mod team ONLY!!!

Thanks for your work Urban but please respect certain principles.

I will not put this version on my server until released by CAWS and on the bikeMOD update.

DD