• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:34:40 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Happy ending

Started by HornetMaX, October 19, 2016, 07:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 20, 2016, 02:45:14 PM
Unfortunately the situation is worse.
There are additional reported problems:
- very long connection times
- laptimes arriving very late
- chat not working after a while

From my point of view it should also be taken into consideration that the netcode problems are 90% gone as soon as non dynamic tracks are used. I have said it before, with NDS I am experiencing very rare/almost no core.exe problems. Maybe you should try to tackle it iterativelly.

1. get rid of problems in NDS
2. then gradually turn dynamic features on (testing e.g. with very simple dynamic track features that use less variables, testing with small groove multipliers etc etc)

That way you can maybe gradually corner isolate the biggest problems and memory leaks. I am confident you can locate most of the erratic stuff if you go at it deliberately and well-planned.

I have said it before, without dynamic track stuff (NDS tracks), your netcode actually seems pretty good in GPB. I have seen "jumping" or "lagging" very rarely, even with guys that have very high pings.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on October 20, 2016, 03:53:36 PM
The huge size could be because some bikeMODS are being shipped with a lot of bike paints
Partially. Even removing the paints, some bikes are much bigger than others (edf files).

matty0l215

With all the paints removed (which i didn't know they were there :P) the pack is still 2.75GB
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

RiccoChicco

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 20, 2016, 05:32:53 PM
Partially. Even removing the paints, some bikes are much bigger than others (edf files).

Yes, mostly because of the size and number of maps applied on the model  :)

Warlock

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 20, 2016, 04:02:38 PM
From my point of view it should also be taken into consideration that the netcode problems are 90% gone as soon as non dynamic tracks are used. I have said it before, with NDS I am experiencing very rare/almost no core.exe problems. Maybe you should try to tackle it iterativelly.

Quite true, but thats with 6-7 riders. I would say with 12-15 riders  things goes nuts with or without Nds

Hawk

Quote from: GuiTP on October 21, 2016, 03:52:24 AM
Since I gave GPB a shot again, I've had about 10 core.exe, all in the menu when going through different bikes ( < 10 paints even). Memory utilization wasn't even high, ~130mb.

Yes. This is a known problem..... A work around is to restart GPB if you want to change a bike or track to avoid further problems should you manage to succeed and get online.  ;)

Hawk.

ℊℯℴ

At least for MXB, I turned up my virtual memory to 64GB (have 32 GB physical) and since doing so I can switch bikes/tracks and get online without restarting the sim.

Also, since doing this I have had absolutely 0 cores at all even with graphics totally max'd.

HornetMaX

Quote from: geofanatec on October 21, 2016, 02:47:33 PM
At least for MXB, I turned up my virtual memory to 64GB (have 32 GB physical) and since doing so I can switch bikes/tracks and get online without restarting the sim.

Also, since doing this I have had absolutely 0 cores at all even with graphics totally max'd.
That may be interesting. Something fishy with memory allocation/deallocation has always been my #1 suspect for core.exe crashes (except the ode ones and except the netcode related ones).

ℊℯℴ

Well, also 1 other thing I do too that I did at same time of virtual memory adjustment (so, could be combination of things). I have the Poseidon 980 TI card and in their GPUTweak I never cared before, but started to enable gaming boost (shuts down unneeded Windows crap) and run it in over-clock instead of just gaming mode.

Hawk

Quote from: geofanatec on October 21, 2016, 02:47:33 PM

That is interesting.
Maybe you should post this in a dedicated thread of it's own as a temp-workaround suggestion/solution for the core.exe issue?

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk on October 21, 2016, 03:36:00 PM
That is interesting.
Maybe you should post this in a dedicated thread of it's own as a temp-workaround suggestion/solution for the core.exe issue?
Yes. Or one of the moderators should maybe try to gather the most helpful hints (in terms of likeliness to be linked to core.exe) from here and present them to Piboso.

Btw: Geofanatec seems to be very new to GPB - I don't know if we can trust that guy  :P ;D
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

h106frp

Quote from: RiccoChicco on October 20, 2016, 06:02:34 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 20, 2016, 05:32:53 PM

Yes, mostly because of the size and number of maps applied on the model  :)

You could make a scaled set of textures to make them much smaller and give that a try for online

HornetMaX

I didn't want to imply that online issues could come from the bike size, it was just to say that connection times can be a bit longer on big bikes (and it's probably normal).

Blackheart

Quote from: h106frp on October 21, 2016, 04:27:59 PM
You could make a scaled set of textures to make them much smaller and give that a try for online

U need a test for see that a bike with smaller maps load more fast?  ;D