• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:09:46 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

ReShade v3

Started by HornetMaX, November 13, 2016, 10:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

ReShade v3 looks quite neat and is finally very easy to use (no more fumbling with editing text files, installation is straightforward).

https://reshade.me/

I gave it a quick try and it works very fine with GPB.

lkslodzkzn

Hi Max can You post screenshot with compare how it looks ? and there is fps drop? cheers

Alby46

no fps drops for me, and it looks quite good
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Blackheart

November 13, 2016, 02:34:56 PM #3 Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:43:51 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: lkslodzkzn on November 13, 2016, 12:51:44 PM
Hi Max can You post screenshot with compare how it looks ? and there is fps drop? cheers

The fps drops depends by effects chose, and your pc specs, if u change just the colors or put a fake Bloom effect the framedrop is very low. If u put stuff like DOF, the story is different.

I have a old video on my channel with these fx "Blackheart TM"

Edit: https://youtu.be/amI4oMpAjpw

sandbiter

This is great! Mx Bikes looks even better now! :)

Almost no FPS drops for me.

vali_grad

November 13, 2016, 04:17:32 PM #5 Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:22:39 PM by vali_grad
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 13, 2016, 10:05:07 AM
ReShade v3 looks quite neat and is finally very easy to use (no more fumbling with editing text files, installation is straightforward).

https://reshade.me/

I gave it a quick try and it works very fine with GPB.

oh thanks, was testing 2.0.3 version :))  /late edit/ are you kidding me ? these guys are so sick at coding ! works like a dream with only HDR SMAA and Vibrance  8)
new sim in town ? ping me !

HornetMaX

The v3 big chnage is that you can setup any effect (and the order they are applied) within the user-interface, i.e. within your game.

It has a "configuration mode" that allows you to change all this on the fly and to see the effect immediately.
Once you're satisfied, you can switch to "performance mode": the effects are compiled on the fly for extra efficiency (i.e. less fps drop), but you can't change parameters on the fly (until you go back to "configuration mode").

As said, how much FPS drop you have depends a lot on which effects you chose.
And of course some effects will not work properly (that depends on the game, on opengl vs dx9/10/11/12 etc).

I haven't played a lot with the effects, I let our graphically skilled guys give it a go: there're plenty of parameters to play with, within each effect and normally the default settings are intentionally not good.

If somebody finds good effects/settings, just post them here :) Probably it's enough to post the .ini that ReShade creates (anybody else will be able to get it and put it in the GPB folder and load it in ReShade).

Final note: if you have installed ReShade on top of GPB and you want to switch ReShade off (for whichever reason) without uninstalling ReShade, just rename the file "opengl32.dll" (e.g. to opengl32.dll.off).

SilverSurfer

Hi folks,

I am running gp bikes 9c on win 10 and nvidia graphics and gave reshade v3 a try. Works so far but the shadows are missing. Any idea?

Cheers
Marco   
... Quick but without hastiness.

Alby46

i have the same problem, i think i'm going to remove it after all

HornetMaX

Shadows work fine for me with ReShade (Nvidia  + Win7).
You have the problem even without activating any effect ?

Alby46

SilverSurfer

No affects active. GP Bikes 9b worked well with reshade v2x under win 10. I will adress that issue to reshade. Perhaps they have an idea.

Cheers
Marco

SilverSurfer

Hi folks,

short update - I opened a thread in the reshade forum roughly two weeks ago. No reaction at all. :-[

Since Nvidia graphics come along with a good dashboard I made some specific adjustments by that way. Out there in the web there is a additional tweak tool available, but I left further tuning due to missing time. The achieved result is sufficient for the start.

Cheers
Marco

JJS209

i tested reshade in a couple of games: BF1, GP Bikes, Cities:Skylines and WarThunder.
for me personal its not very useful, imo the configuration is way to complicated and also with predefined setups it looks just strange for me.
not better, maybe sharper here and there but there is something that i cant really describe.
i gave it a try and my result is not to use reshade in any of my four games ;)

dude

Uh, what a nice tool!
I was always a bit (just a bit) disappointed by the graphics from GP Bikes.
This small thing pumps it up a little bit.

original:

played with some settings:

click it