• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:46:17 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Adding backfire sound

Started by Warlock, December 29, 2013, 04:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

December 29, 2013, 04:04:24 AM Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:57:52 AM by Warlock
Hi Piboso, how can i add fire explosions to bike sound?  ???

JamoZ

You mean backfire? i would like to know that aswell...

Docfumi

+1
If you have Backfire your gonna need Flames  8)
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Toomes1

Be awesome if you pull this of guys,well cool also I've noticed about riding style which has a default of blend I guess the physics of this can't be modified till the animation of the rider has been redesigned.

Warlock

Seems Piboso hallucinated with the "explosions" word  :P , remember i'm spanish and english is not my language.
So i try to explain, Im not trying to put fireworks on the bike  ;D , i mean backfire sounds when you cut throttle, as the murasama has.

Docfumi

December 30, 2013, 05:16:55 AM #5 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:19:35 AM by docfumi
Quote from: Warlock on December 30, 2013, 03:57:22 AM
Seems Piboso hallucinated with the "explosions" word  :P , remember i'm spanish and english is not my language.
So i try to explain, Im not trying to put fireworks on the bike  ;D , i mean backfire sounds when you cut throttle, as the murasama has.

@ Warlock, I think PiBoSo did not mean or try to single you out, he was just saying what things he has found wrong on the forums
that need to be fixed. The fact that you used the term  "explosions"  for Backfire is funny and I think he was just making light of that fact.
So donĀ“t feel picked on.  ;D  We all read things differently because of our many different languages and backgrounds
but I can say for sure Piboso was just using his dark style of humor.  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Warlock

Solved.

Just mix the backfire sound with the other sounds. My first thought was a separate file for it, but not.
In your sound editor , open one of the engine sounds, add a new track with the backfire sample, and mix them, thats all.
You have to adjust the volume and position in time to make them happen when you want.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Warlock on December 30, 2013, 09:31:26 PM
Solved.

Just mix the backfire sound with the other sounds. My first thought was a separate file for it, but not.
In your sound editor , open one of the engine sounds, add a new track with the backfire sample, and mix them, thats all.
You have to adjust the volume and position in time to make them happen when you want.

Warlock, 1 question here... where did you get your single backfire sound sample from? I only have files with engine sound AND backfire combined....  ???
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Stout Johnson

hehe... just found backfire sounds - I guess at the same source as you  ;D
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------