• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:41:44 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Sprint Car - Sidewall Texture

Started by bsauder189, December 05, 2016, 07:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsauder189

I noticed in a few screen shots of the sprint car skins that are published that some people have black sidewalls. Is there any way to alter the texture for the sidewalls to change the "branding" of the tires?

I know a lot of the copyright issues with publishing the game with branded material in it without contracts, but aside from that, modding them wouldn't really infringe upon that would it?

Thanks,

Barry Sauder

PiBoSo

It is possible to change the tyres' sidewall, adding the following textures to a paint:
SPCR_TYRESIDEWALL ( tga or bmp )
SPCR_TYRESIDEWALL#2 ( tga or bmp )
SPCR_TYRESIDEWALL_B.tga
SPCR_TYRESIDEWALL_B#2.tga

SPCR_TYRESIDEWALL is the base texture.
SPCR_TYRESIDEWALL_B is the normal map ( including the specular map in the alpha channel ).
The "#2" textures are the blurred versions.

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

bsauder189

bsauder189

Dumb question, where would I find those textures?

Stout Johnson

Quote from: bsauder189 on December 06, 2016, 03:06:54 AM
Dumb question, where would I find those textures?
Those textures can be added to a paint with the tool "painted" (link. I think there are no templates for those tyre sidewalls in Piboso's templates. But if you find a paint which has modified tyre templates, you can "unpack" this .pnt file with the "painted" tool and then you can modify this and add this to you personal paint by packing it with painted.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

bsauder189

GasFactoryRacing

I'm still having trouble with the sidewalls. Whenever I pack the paints as stated to do with the tires, my car just shows up completely white in the sim. Any advice?
Team_GFR

GasFactoryRacing

Okay guys, sorry I'm an idiot lol. I forgot to put tyre in the file name. smh
Team_GFR