• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
September 21, 2019, 01:24:29 am

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)


World Racing Series beta10b

Started by PiBoSo, December 09, 2016, 01:11:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

December 09, 2016, 01:11:25 am Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:52:22 am by PiBoSo

World Racing Series beta10b released:
http://www.worldracingseries.net/?page=downloads
( download mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )


Changelog
fix: replay bug
fix: race manager bug
fix: reflections bug
fix: plugins rendering bug
fix: more smaller bugs
fix: reflections and shadows optimization
fix: VR tracking in the external views, too
fix: pitboard bugs
fix: pitboard optimization
fix: possibility to set the same gearbox input to sequential lever, paddle and H-pattern controls


Release Notes
- Replays are not compatible with Beta10 and previous
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

SwarleyRuiz

December 09, 2016, 08:16:25 am #1 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:31:37 am by SwarleyRuiz
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

dibu

Thank you very much for WRS 10b :)

Did you change anything at the F3000 car? I'm not sure if it's caused by your changes or my new setup but it feels much better.
Despite this improvement, I had at least 6-7 core.exe crashes when driving Nordschleife. They happened at places where I never had problems before.

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on December 10, 2016, 07:24:23 pm
Thank you very much for WRS 10b :)

Did you change anything at the F3000 car? I'm not sure if it's caused by your changes or my new setup but it feels much better.
Despite this improvement, I had at least 6-7 core.exe crashes when driving Nordschleife. They happened at places where I never had problems before.


Nothing has been changed in the physics.
Probably the dampers of the F3000 need tuning.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Stout Johnson

Quote from: dibu on December 10, 2016, 07:24:23 pm
[...]I had at least 6-7 core.exe crashes when driving Nordschleife. They happened at places where I never had problems before.


I can somehow confirm this. Ricco and myself tried new beta on Friday evening. We did RX on Holjes. We had ~6 cores in ~10 laps. Was somewhat strange. The online experience per se seems pretty nice and smooth, other car seems less jumpy. But core-wise new beta seems even worse.

One idea: If we could get a field of about 8 drivers, would it maybe make sense to have a netcode debug session with you (Piboso) in WRS? You could probably learn more in less time, since on a track with dirt deformation the stress for the server seems much higher.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 09, 2016, 01:11:25 am


fix: possibility to set the same gearbox input to sequential lever, paddle and H-pattern controls




that's great, thank you

I have still FPS drop at around 45 at holjes, and this is unacceptable for my configuration (win10 gtx980) with a game in dx8.1, is all ok for you?

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on December 11, 2016, 08:21:09 pm
I have still FPS drop at around 45 at holjes, and this is unacceptable for my configuration (win10 gtx980) with a game in dx8.1, is all ok for you?


The simulator is actually OpenGL-based, and uses features equivalent to DX9.
On the VR test PC ( I5-4590, GTX970, Windows 8.1 ) it runs between 90 and 140fps. All settings maxed. Resolution: 1920x1080. No antialiasing.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

teeds

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 11, 2016, 12:09:46 pm
I can somehow confirm this. Ricco and myself tried new beta on Friday evening. We did RX on Holjes. We had ~6 cores in ~10 laps. Was somewhat strange. The online experience per se seems pretty nice and smooth, other car seems less jumpy. But core-wise new beta seems even worse.


Same here, was trying to run some RX laps on Holjes last night with 3 others. Others seemed to be playing ok but I kept getting a core about 1min in after joining. Played earlier on Limerock too and it was fine for me and although my mate had a core he was able to run many laps after re-joining.

Seems there's still some bugs in the deformation woodwork.

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 11, 2016, 08:49:58 pm
Quote from: oppolo on December 11, 2016, 08:21:09 pm
I have still FPS drop at around 45 at holjes, and this is unacceptable for my configuration (win10 gtx980) with a game in dx8.1, is all ok for you?


The simulator is actually OpenGL-based, and uses features equivalent to DX9.
On the VR test PC ( I5-4590, GTX970, Windows 8.1 ) it runs between 90 and 140fps. All settings maxed. Resolution: 1920x1080. No antialiasing.


with antialiasing off Holjes runs smooth but obviously it is not a good looking

by the way...is there a way for having mirrors with better grafic?


PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on December 12, 2016, 05:51:27 pm
by the way...is there a way for having mirrors with better grafic?


At the moment it's not possible to increase the resolution or set the antialiasing of the mirrors.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Boerenlater

Why does everyone call these cars Formula3000?
I did some research work and I believe all the numbers are the same as the (former) Formula Renault V8 3.5  :P
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Boerenlater on December 19, 2016, 11:38:20 am
Why does everyone call these cars Formula3000?
I did some research work and I believe all the numbers are the same as the (former) Formula Renault V8 3.5  :P


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_GP
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".