• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:36:59 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

wing sliding settings

Started by oppolo, January 15, 2017, 10:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

it is wrong, backward is front and front is rear..hope you understand ;D

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

oppolo

could you check also the physic? I'm not sure but I seem front track has more grip with wing to the rear, and viceversa, a your check would be appreciate. thanks for attention

Phathry25

Wing to rear puts more weight on the left rear corner of the car.  It's not a road racing wing, it's all about that side force.

BOBR6 84

How often during a lap do you move the wing? Or do you move it slightly more as the track evolves and tyres wear?

oppolo

before writing I read how these cars work
http://www.world-sprintcar-guide.com/sprint-car-wings.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup

The wing can be used to alter a car's handling characteristics. If a car is too tight or is understeering, the wing can be moved forward to increase the weight on the front of the car and decrease the weight on the rear. If a car is too loose or is oversteering the wing should be moved backwards to increase the weight on the rear.ow these cars work
------------------------------------------------------
my feel is that the behaviour is the contrary, and because of the inverted bind in the "assign controls menu" I could suspect that the grafical movements of the wing is inverted respect to the physic., but only Piboso can tell us the truth.
Anyway I repeat, I feel that the front track is more loosing when the wing is totally in front and viceversa, how is your feeling?

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on January 16, 2017, 10:22:20 AM
my feel is that the behaviour is the contrary, and because of the inverted bind in the "assign controls menu" I could suspect that the grafical movements of the wing is inverted respect to the physic., but only Piboso can tell us the truth.

Exactly, the graphics movement is inverted.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 16, 2017, 10:24:28 AM
Exactly, the graphics movement is inverted.
thanks for quick reply, so the bind is right but the movement not, ok, waiting for the fix

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on January 16, 2017, 10:00:19 AM
How often during a lap do you move the wing? Or do you move it slightly more as the track evolves and tyres wear?

in real life they match the track condition.
I started making laps with these cars only few days ago and only yesterday I began to save the track surface so I don't know yet how track surface changes the behaviour of the car

oppolo

Quote from: Phathry25 on January 16, 2017, 02:40:20 AM
Wing to rear puts more weight on the left rear corner of the car.  It's not a road racing wing, it's all about that side force.
coming back to this argument, yes you are right, the position of side panels determines more downforce on the left side, but moving the wing forward and back determines how much down force is divided between front and rear track, and at 200 km/h should be very high