• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Core crash on empty servers

Started by ghostchild, January 02, 2014, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 20, 2014, 10:27:39 PM
@Max/iVolution: Would it make any difference if Ghostchild was installing it through a windows user account and not through the administrators account? Just a thought.
Well, the game essentially works, he "only" has a problem when connecting to servers with no player so I doubt it comes from being or not admin.

MaX.

ghostchild

Hi Ghostchild.
Sorry it didn't work for you.....
Yes. I agree with Max. There must be some issue with your system. If you've followed those steps and it still doesn't work then I don't believe GP Bikes is at fault here.

It took me 1h 45 for problems while removing old video card drivers, but now I got the latest ATI original drivers and the PC is OK, all works very good, except GP Bikes in that specific situation  :-\

Do you have a family member or friends PC you can try Gp Bikes on?
I got another pc with windows 8.... it can be good?

PS: Your absolutely sure you didn't copy/paste anything?

absolutely sure  ;)

@Max/iVolution: Would it make any difference if Ghostchild was installing it through a windows user account and not through the administrators account? Just a thought.
Seems strange though that he can connect to the online server when others are racing, but gets a core.exe when on his own. I really cannot think of anything else that could be the problem.

I installed GP Bikes through the administrators account  ::)

Hawk

Quote from: ghostchild on January 20, 2014, 10:41:50 PM
I got another pc with windows 8.... it can be good?

Why not give it a try... I'd say the chances are very good ;)

I've only got windows 7, so don't know a lot about the workings of Win 8. But I'm sure it would have a compatibility option for installing Win 7 applications, if needed.

janaucarre

a friend of mine has tried to install gpbikes on win8, he has a message he cannot launch the exe, after hours he found that an old blocage of the firewall because he didn't install rightly was ever in function only for gpb exe, he delete the memory of the firewall and all is ok after that. Perhaps it will help you.

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on January 20, 2014, 11:08:40 PM
a friend of mine has tried to install gpbikes on win8, he has a message he cannot launch the exe, after hours he found that an old blocage of the firewall because he didn't install rightly was ever in function only for gpb exe, he delete the memory of the firewall and all is ok after that. Perhaps it will help you.

Janaucarre. You reminded me of something else, too: @Ghostchild - Before you install GP Bikes, right click the "gpbikes-beta4b.exe" and select properties. There maybe a button named "Unblock", if so then click that "Unblock" button before you activate the install. I had this and totally forgot about it.

Thanks for reminding me Janaucarre ;)

ghostchild

@ janaucarre: thank you  :)
@ Hawk, I will try another brand new installation.... if doesn't work, will try on the pc with windows 8...
However, "core.exe" is already in the list of the exceptions in windows firewall   ???
Thank you  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 20, 2014, 11:19:10 PM
Janaucarre. You reminded me of something else, too: @Ghostchild - Before you install GP Bikes, right click the "gpbikes-beta4b.exe" and select properties. There maybe a button named "Unblock", if so then click that "Unblock" button before you activate the install. I had this and totally forgot about it.
Never done this in my entire life, neither for GPB not for any other program.

Not sure what it does (maybe it is related to a specific anti-virus), but I doubt this is ghostchild problem.

MaX.

ghostchild

I've tried a brand new installation, clicking "Unblock" button before installing......same core crash :(

Maybe some kind of problem with the internet connection?  ::)

I use Avira anti-virus, I've tried to start GP Bikes turning off Avira but nothing changes...

Hawk

Quote from: ghostchild on January 21, 2014, 09:56:40 AM
I've tried a brand new installation, clicking "Unblock" button before installing......same core crash :(

Maybe some kind of problem with the internet connection?  ::)

I use Avira anti-virus, I've tried to start GP Bikes turning off Avira but nothing changes...

I've thought of one more idea that might well help. It strikes me that what could be happening is a weak data signal on your phone line, this can be caused by the line not being synchronised properly. Call your phone line provider and ask them to check the synchronization of your broadband line because it keeps dropping out, and they should then be able to check your line for you straight away and let you know if there is a problem with the signal quality of your broadband line and fix it for you straight away.

I know it's a long shot, but seems to me that you have got to a stage were you have tried pretty much everything else, and deduction says that you are more than likely correct in saying that you maybe have some kind of problem with your broadband internet connection(or your broadband line not synchronized properly).

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 21, 2014, 09:49:10 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 20, 2014, 11:19:10 PM
Never done this in my entire life, neither for GPB not for any other program.

Not sure what it does (maybe it is related to a specific anti-virus), but I doubt this is ghostchild problem.

MaX.

As I understand it, the unblock button is for stopping particular program .dll files from activating the windows security measures to block certain activities from running on your PC.
I remember having problems with a program once and I just couldn't figure out what the problem was until someone told me about this feature. I clicked the unblock button, reinstalled the program and it worked fine. So the block doesn't seems to stop the program totally from functioning, but must restrict certain activities of the program which can cause problems.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 21, 2014, 10:29:08 AM
As I understand it, the unblock button is for stopping particular program .dll files from activating the windows security measures to block certain activities from running on your PC.
I remember having problems with a program once and I just couldn't figure out what the problem was until someone told me about this feature. I clicked the unblock button, reinstalled the program and it worked fine. So the block doesn't seems to stop the program totally from functioning, but must restrict certain activities of the program which can cause problems.
Yeah there may be some microsoft weirdness (no big surprise), but for ghostchild the game works fine except on servers with zero players or am I missing something ?

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 21, 2014, 10:42:22 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 21, 2014, 10:29:08 AM
Yeah there may be some microsoft weirdness (no big surprise), but for ghostchild the game works fine except on servers with zero players or am I missing something ?

MaX.

No, your not missing something, max. But it's got to the stage were Ghostchild has tried pretty much everything he can, so we can only presume that something weird is happening to cause this problem for him. This is why I suggested in my last post to Ghostchild to have his broadband line checked to make sure it was properly synchronized, as a poorly sycronised phone line can cause unusual and weird problems when connected to a games server, weird as that may be. :)

ghostchild

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 21, 2014, 10:23:05 AM
I've thought of one more idea that might well help. It strikes me that what could be happening is a weak data signal on your phone line, this can be caused by the line not being synchronised properly. Call your phone line provider and ask them to check the synchronization of your broadband line because it keeps dropping out, and they should then be able to check your line for you straight away and let you know if there is a problem with the signal quality of your broadband line and fix it for you straight away.

I know it's a long shot, but seems to me that you have got to a stage were you have tried pretty much everything else, and deduction says that you are more than likely correct in saying that you maybe have some kind of problem with your broadband internet connection(or your broadband line not synchronized properly).

I did some tests on my ADSL line, results:

QuoteSNR margin: 12.2 db (no sync issues, stable connection)
Line Attenuation: 36.4 db (good, no signal dispersion)

Then I've tried with the game graphics settings: put textures and detail levels to "medium" (before all "high"), no 3d grass... Go online (Track 19 - Training dry groove) and I did 2 laps before core crash... just a coincidence or it means something?  ::)

I'm getting crazy with this thing!  :o ;D

iVolution

and you have no problems with other games?

janaucarre

An idea comes to me right now.
Have you define ip adress for your pc?
If no it takes another each time on another pc or phone or notebook connect to your routeur/modem.
I fix it by me, one adress for my pc, another for the first of my parent, another for the seconds of my parents, and so and so.