• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:38:04 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Track Downloads Database Admin Announcement

Started by Hawk, January 28, 2017, 11:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

As it is important that we have a track data base I will step forward and do it. I will need to know how big a server is needed and also how I can setup the GPBOC PC to maybe used for this and other file storage and access point for GPB members as well.

I am new to this server stuff and dont know exactly WTF I am doing.

Naturally Hawky you will have to teach me everything as I am an old fart and  am not up on all this forum to server linking and whatchamacallit bumfluff that goes with it

I spend hours on the forum each day so it will not really add much more to my daily workload and it is something that we really need.

If you can get on skype to chat Hawky it would be a big help. My skype name is allan.beaton63  If anyone else needs to contact me for any reason feel free to call.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Well we all know you are Awesome enough buddy!

Thank you, deeply.  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JorgeNsr

Thanks Hawk that was a very great job on database, and for sure Thanks too for DD!
MORIWAKI MH80RF

NSR80Racing-World : https://www.facebook.com/NSR80RW/

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 29, 2017, 07:39:29 PM
As it is important that we have a track data base I will step forward and do it. I will need to know how big a server is needed and also how I can setup the GPBOC PC to maybe used for this and other file storage and access point for GPB members as well.

I am new to this server stuff and dont know exactly WTF I am doing.

Naturally Hawky you will have to teach me everything as I am an old fart and  am not up on all this forum to server linking and whatchamacallit bumfluff that goes with it

I spend hours on the forum each day so it will not really add much more to my daily workload and it is something that we really need.

If you can get on skype to chat Hawky it would be a big help. My skype name is allan.beaton63  If anyone else needs to contact me for any reason feel free to call.

DD

Thanks DD, very much appreciated.  ;) 8)

I've never done Skype, so I'll have to setup and A/c and try and contact you maybe tomorrow evening when I get back home, okay?  ;) 8)

Look forward to meeting you on Skype mate!  ;D

Hawk.

Hawk

Thank you to everyone here.... I very much appreciated and respect everyone of your very kind words, really, thank you!  ;) 8)

Onwards and upwards guys!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

My skype is always on when home so alk tomoro Hawky

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Boerenlater

All you have to do is have enough upload space and add the new tracks?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Boerenlater on January 30, 2017, 10:28:15 AM
mega.nz = 50GB space for free.

You do need a decent upload speed though.

Boerenlater

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 30, 2017, 10:35:49 AM
Quote from: Boerenlater on January 30, 2017, 10:28:15 AM
mega.nz = 50GB space for free.

You do need a decent upload speed though.
I know, my free account is already filled to the brim :P 50GB is not nearly enough for all the tracks.

Maybe a bittorrent system is a good idea?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

He is asking how to do it holding the tracks directly on his server not using any 3rd party host.

Something like Syncback?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on January 30, 2017, 10:50:33 AM
He is asking how to do it holding the tracks directly on his server not using any 3rd party host.

Something like Syncback?
If you have your own server, space is surely not an issue.

Quote from: Boerenlater on January 30, 2017, 10:46:39 AM
I know, my free account is already filled to the brim :P 50GB is not nearly enough for all the tracks.
All GPB trakcs on Hawk's mega.nz account are less than 15GB (and it could be much less if we weren't forced to have DS and NDS versions of each track).

If somebody wants to pick up this role, I'd strongly suggest to provide each track as a single .pkz file: much easier to handle for both the admin and the users.
I'd even put the track version number straight in the file name (e.g. Monza_v1.5.pkz). Notice this means the name is also used in/for the various track files (e.g. .ini).

Bittorrent ? No thanks, nobody will seed.

Ideally either mega.nz or (marginally better) an FTP site so one can use SyncBack. Notice that mega.nz also provide a sync tool (not tested).

Napalm Nick

January 30, 2017, 11:06:55 AM #27 Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:14:13 AM by Napalm Nick
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 30, 2017, 11:00:05 AM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on January 30, 2017, 10:50:33 AM

Something like Syncback?
If you have your own server, space is surely not an issue.

Exactly! He asks how it can be shared from his server! Space was never an issue Lol. ::)

Edit: OK he did ask "how big his server needs to be" as one of the questions. Apologies. I assumed there would be enough as he is unlikely to have less than 120Gb hard drive and GPBikes uses, what, 300Mb, OS; 10Gb and a few streaming softwares. But the real issue is the best way to share from it.

HornetMaX

I don't think he has his own server, he said "my free account is already filled to the brim".

Napalm Nick

Lol maybe we are crossed here  ;D

The GPBOC server is his server that hosts all the GPBOC dedicated servers on. We are talking DD here not Boerenlater aren't we?

QuoteI will need to know how big a server is needed and also how I can setup the GPBOC PC to maybe used for this and other file storage and access point for GPB members as well.

We better stay out of this before everyone gets confused lol.