• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

invisible bikes on track

Started by iVolution, January 04, 2014, 09:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iVolution

I sometimes encounter invisible bikes on the track. Since i have the rider names showing above the bikes i see where they are riding, and collisions can still occur, but for some reason they are not rendered. For a fact i know that i am not the only one that is not seeing them, and i am pretty sure that going to the pits is not solving it. As this is not occuring very often it is not that a big of a problem but maybe worth investigating if its not just me.

Hawk

Quote from: iVolution on January 04, 2014, 09:56:52 PM
I sometimes encounter invisible bikes on the track. Since i have the rider names showing above the bikes i see where they are riding, and collisions can still occur, but for some reason they are not rendered. For a fact i know that i am not the only one that is not seeing them, and i am pretty sure that going to the pits is not solving it. As this is not occuring very often it is not that a big of a problem but maybe worth investigating if its not just me.

Don't know if this is what your talking about, but I do see ghost riders in total white, but if I pit and exit again they are rendered in their full glory(It works for me). But it would be better sorted so they are rendered properly from the start, if only in default livery.

neoraptor

@Hawk : it is a different problem.
I also had a few times completely invisible bikes, with just the name of the rider on top of it ;)

The problem you are mentioning is the textures are not loading correctly (also had it frequently)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Hawk

Quote from: neoraptor on January 04, 2014, 10:08:08 PM
I also had a few times completely invisible bikes, with just the name of the rider on top of it ;)

The problem you are mentioning is the textures are not loading correctly (also had it frequently)

I see..... I've never experienced these invisible riders before. This is new to me! I wish I could see one... or not. LOL :o ;D

Warlock

I've seen invisible bikes aswell but once i go to pits im able to see them . Seems like the ghost (white bike) is not getting loaded.

iVolution

Quote from: neoraptor on January 04, 2014, 10:08:08 PM

Do you have an easy trick or solution to solving this problem? If not, is it me that has to rejoin the server or is it the other guy that is causing the problem?

nuovaic

As Warlock says, usually pit in and out, for the rider who sees nothing works, but today a rider in front of me in a race completely disappeared, next lap I crashed in to him, not knowing he was there!

Cold Turkey server, Magnycours.

neoraptor

I noticed 2 different issue:
* a new player has an invisible bike : generally pit in is enough to solve the problem
* all rider becomes invisible (sometimes, they blinked) : this was caused by a ping too high from the host
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<