• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:09:49 AM

controlor settings

Started by RBp, January 07, 2014, 09:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBp

January 07, 2014, 09:53:57 PM Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:49:35 PM by HornetMaX
I come from play RPG games for years D2/D3/WOW and finding it hard going at the moment to not crash due to my thumbs being useless I found some smoothing and linearity settings, can someone help with base settings that they use.

Last time I play a racing game was GTR when it was released.

Thanks

Ian

Hi RBp .
Tell us what controller your using and someone will help 

HornetMaX

Quote from: RBp on January 07, 2014, 09:53:57 PM
I come from play RPG games for years D2/D3/WOW and finding it hard going at the moment to not crash due to my thumbs being useless I found some smoothing and linearity settings, can someone help with base settings that they use.
Chapter 1.5: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.0

MaX.

RBp

nyko air flow I used, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nyko-USB-Flow-Controller-Joypad/dp/B001IT8SVA

My mate whit used a Microsoft sidewinder which I tried but I can't play without auto lean and auto clutch to much for me to cope with and my hands got sweaty this nyko keep me nice and cool.

Im finding more time in controller set up than bike set the moment.

HornetMaX

Quote from: RBp on January 08, 2014, 10:26:18 PM
nyko air flow I used, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nyko-USB-Flow-Controller-Joypad/dp/B001IT8SVA

Hmm ... it has no analog triggers it seems ...

Big advice: buy an XBox 360 wired pad or a Logitech F310.

MaX.

neoraptor

I bought a CronusMax to use the wireless version of the 360 pad.
As soon as I receive it, I will make quick review ;)

I played with a 360 wired and a Logitech Rumblepad 2 for now.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

RBp

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 08, 2014, 11:15:22 PM
Quote from: RBp on January 08, 2014, 10:26:18 PM

MaX.

Stick's are analog, there no triggers just shoulder button for up and down gear  but I use an arcadey setting with auto clutch and auto lean

HornetMaX

Quote from: RBp on January 09, 2014, 03:54:37 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 08, 2014, 11:15:22 PM

Stick's are analog, there no triggers just shoulder button for up and down gear  but I use an arcadey setting with auto clutch and auto lean
OK then. But keep in mind that some joypad have poor sticks: I had a thrustmaster 3-in-1 with which GPB was barely playable.

XBoX 360 and Logitech F310 are tested and approved by many here.

MaX.

Alby46

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 09, 2014, 04:00:23 PM
XBoX 360 and Logitech F310 are tested and approved by many here.

and ps3 controller, obviously. Since it's not mine, i think i'm gonna buy a f310
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

RBp

Good point never thought of that, 360 stick look off set, I look into 310 if i still struggle

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

RBp

After having problem losing the back on down shift thought I bite the bullet and try one of these, It really tiny but feels more positive laps time not really improved but getting use to a new control takes time.

nuovaic

HornetMaX

Quote from: nuovaic on January 19, 2014, 12:19:00 PM
Get a joystick!
I'd be interested to know how people use joysticks with GPB, which function is assigned to which axis.

I've bought a TM1600M just to see how it feels with GPB but first impression is not really positive, mainly due to how slowly you have to be with the throttle and the brakes.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 19, 2014, 08:27:42 PM
Quote from: nuovaic on January 19, 2014, 12:19:00 PM
Get a joystick!
I'd be interested to know how people use joysticks with GPB, which function is assigned to which axis.

I've bought a TM1600M just to see how it feels with GPB but first impression is not really positive, mainly due to how slowly you have to be with the throttle and the brakes.

MaX.

I use a joystick, and I find it better to control the throttle and lean of the bike. I also use the foot pedals off my F430 steering wheel for changing up and down gear.
I hold my joystick near the base as I get better feel that way(No jokes please!Lol :P), I find if I hold it towards middle or top I lose the precision control of throttle and lean.

I guess if you've got used to a gampad setup, then using a joystick would seem very awkward and strange before you get used to it. Same for me when I try using a gamepad I just cannot get used to it. :)