• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:28:45 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Dashboard not working

Started by miki, March 03, 2017, 09:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miki

Hello guys,

I've been playing GPB for a couple months now, and I haven't realised before today that the dashboards on bikes should be fully functional (I watched someone's video on youtube  :P). My problem is, only analogue gauges and shift lights are functional on my screen. 

I can see digital gauges but non of the values are changing, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, miki

Napalm Nick

Depends what bike you have been using but yes they should work on most.  :-\

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

miki

h106frp

Only option setting that might possibly upset dashboards is texture size - what do you have it set to?

Napalm Nick

And are you using Intel HD onboard graphics?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

LOOPATELI

I have the same problem and it is because some graphics cards does not work really well with pib sims

PiBoSo

Quote from: miki on March 03, 2017, 09:12:30 PM
Hello guys,

I've been playing GPB for a couple months now, and I haven't realised before today that the dashboards on bikes should be fully functional (I watched someone's video on youtube  :P). My problem is, only analogue gauges and shift lights are functional on my screen. 

I can see digital gauges but non of the values are changing, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, miki

It's a known bug with Intel integrated chips.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

miki

Any idea how to force it to run off of a graphics card, I'm on Windows 10 if that matters?

matty0l215

Do you have a dedicated graphics card?

If so, then plug in your monitor in to the graphics card.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

miki

Thanks for the reply matty, but I'm on a laptop.

I got it done now and the dashboards work. It's like I'm playing a whole new game  ;D

Blackheart

Nvidia cards in the control pannel (3d settings) there is the option for change the gpu used.

matty0l215

Quote from: miki on March 03, 2017, 11:45:50 PM
Thanks for the reply matty, but I'm on a laptop.

I got it done now and the dashboards work. It's like I'm playing a whole new game  ;D

Ahh this makes sense (well the not having a graphics card anyway)

Glad you got it sorted. What did you do exactly? Just for anyone else who has this issue in the future.

miki

I do have a graphics card in conjunction with the Intel onboard. I tried to use the NVidia control panel to force the game to run off of the card but it kept crashing so I had to re-download the drivers and moved on from there.

In short, I'm computer illiterate  :P

matty0l215

h106frp

Assume its laptop with dual graphics - On win7 you right click the exe to get a pull down and then tell it to use the performance graphics adapter instead of the energy efficient default one