• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:18:55 AM

[SPOILERS] MotoGP 2017

Started by miki, March 04, 2017, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miki

March 04, 2017, 04:48:29 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:08:54 AM by miki
With the MotoGP 2017 season approaching rapidly, I thought it would be fun to see if you guys have any predictions for the upcoming racing.

Personally, I think the season is going to be decided between Marquez and Vinales. If the Yamaha rider can find a consistent race pace and stay up, I can even see him winning the title this year. Hopefully, we will see same level of competition as last year, with 9 different winners, although that could be tricky to repeat with factories having more experience with electronics and tyres.

Gzehoo

QuoteHopefully, we will see same level of competition as last year, with 9 different winners, although that could be tricky to repeat with factories having more experience with electronics and tyres.

Well, last 4 races have been won by Marquez, Crutchlow, Dovizioso and Lorenzo, so... everything is possible.

Personally, I'd like to see Rossi's 10th title. But to be honest, this season will be Marquez vs Vinales. I won't be also suprised if Iannone wins with Suzuki.

Boerenlater

Don't count Lorenzo out. Maybe they will get the package working.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

HornetMaX

My money would go safely on Marquez: he will have a bike as good as the best ones and he's probably better than the other riders (at the moment).

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: Boerenlater on March 05, 2017, 11:17:06 AM

Haha Lorenzo's going to suffer this year buddy.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on March 05, 2017, 06:32:25 PM
Quote from: Boerenlater on March 05, 2017, 11:17:06 AM

Haha Lorenzo's going to suffer this year buddy.

+1 ;D
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

miki

I can't see Lorenzo doing too well on the Ducati this season, maybe if they use it as development time to make the bike suit his riding style, they can fight with the other factories in 2018.

MultiCOOLFRESH

And I thing Rossi, Vinales and Marquez will fight out the championship, even though Rossi might have the worst chances. But if the contenders will be relatively even, after the first 3 races, unlike last year, I think they all have a good chance. Lorenzo will have the worst season of his carrer und Iannone will have his best season, just like Suzuki will have a more compatitive season, but still not as good as the big 3, maybe as good as Ducati. Aprilia might end up quitting or having a really good season. I think Jonas Folger will have a really good rookie season. He showed great potential and maybe could be the successor of Pedrosa, who will have a even worse season then last season. Also Crutchlow could be the successor of Pedrosa, because he will have a outstanding season. I think, Pedrosa will ride his last 2 seasons... Zarco will be as good as Folger and this will be a nice fight. The other rookies will have a difficult season. Rabat will ride his last season, the Pramac Team will be good, Miller will not be as good as last season and the rest stays like it is :)

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

BOBR6 84

Crutchlow, Iannone, Vinales, or rossi! any of those il be happy  ;)

miki

How happy would I be if Crutchlow was to win a championship, Cal has to be one of the most entertaining riders in MotoGP at this time.

davidboda46

Crutchlow don't want to go to the factory team, and they don't want him there. 2 main reasons, he is too outspoken, he is not Spanish. Cal don't want it because of too many rules and pr-obligations. But he is in good team now, as close to a factory team as you can get without actually being in one.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Urban Chaos 2.0

Rossi will be the man to beat this year.

HornetMaX

Odds from one betting site:

• Marquez:      2.20
  • Vinales:         3.00
  • Rossi:            6.00
  • Predrosa:      17.00
  • Dovizioso:   20.00
  • Iannone:         34.00

Wow, Rossi @6 and Vinales @3 ... at these odds, I'll take Rossi between the two. But I still take MM at 2.20 :)

Blackheart

It is impossible predict the motogp champ, more easy with the SBK Jonathan Rea is at 1.35  :-X

WALKEN

Personally I would like to see Rossi close out his fantastic career with a 10th title  :)

I have a gut feeling he is in the cards, after all he has been placing 2nd in the championship for a few year now. He's just one place away with one thing on his mind!

I will point out this, I'm glad we have some great talent ahead of us for the non Rossi years to come. I was crushed when Simoncelli died!

If you consider consistency then again Rossi. Lorenzo will be teething as well as Vinales and everyone else who changed manufactures.     

Iannone is an animal!
Help me, help you!