• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:02:17 AM

Any Cruisers?

Started by lv13101993, May 01, 2017, 12:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lv13101993

I know it sounds odd but seems like it would be a fun idea to try some crazy stuff on a cruiser

Urban Chaos 2.0

Nope. And I believe, that myself included, most people here hate cruisers, haha. Of course, never say never.

matty0l215

Hold you on there...

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1198.0

Someone must have kept a copy of this monstrosity ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 02, 2017, 04:05:25 PM
Hold you on there...

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1198.0

Someone must have kept a copy of this monstrosity ;D

Well that looks pretty good! I'm certainly not opposed to somebody reviving it, haha.

matty0l215

Roodney left the community a long time ago (Can't remember why exactly but he always rubbed people the wrong way) so it's unlikly he's about to give the bike over

Hopefully someone kept a copy.

grimm

May 03, 2017, 02:36:24 AM #5 Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:38:41 AM by grimm
Can't remember what version I had with this thing, but someone that knows modding could probably do whatever is required to get this thing in the current beta. I may have increased engine power output a bit.... no idea where to even find the original engine file... whatever, here's what was on the hard drive, can't believe I still have it.

https://mega.nz/#!Z14VCKAR!OXKWtcS6TiiDD3WGbljJKEJxtyWYXr1UCKwndksZ9g0

IIRC, there was two versions, this one I uploaded with the slash cut pipes and more detail... and the original upload that had a turbocharger and a bunch of small things missing. The current suspension and chassis possibilities in GP Bikes could actually make this thing handle like the real thing.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Have no fear LV. grimm's come to the rescue, haha.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 02, 2017, 05:25:03 PM
Roodney left the community a long time ago (Can't remember why exactly but he always rubbed people the wrong way) so it's unlikely he's about to give the bike over

Hopefully someone kept a copy.

Rodney's departure was unfortunate. It seems he had quite a useful skill of scratch-building 3D models in short amounts of time. Had he remained, he would have proven to be an invaluable member of the modding community. It seems he certainly was, at the time. Some forum members need to take care about who they mistreat, and subsequently wind up pushing out, of a forum.

matty0l215

No he just used to kick off like a child.

Okay we lost a modder but others have replaced him so no issues there.

Also scratch built was a bit of a stretch...

matty0l215

I'll take a look tonight and see if I can get this to work in beta 11  :)

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 03, 2017, 11:40:09 AM

That's good to hear. Would you consider making a high-displacement and much more powerful version?

grimm

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 03, 2017, 11:40:09 AM

I can look into it and see what version it came from, but I think it was the version before Beta 7b. Meaning it likely requires the stand file stuff, and as well, anything that changed in the files to bring mod bikes over to current beta's after the pit stand stuff was added. The new rigid suspension and chassis flex could actually turn this mod bike into a really nice rider (despite the peg grinding everywhere it goes at lean angle).

(wow, finally figured out the embed code without copy and pasting from another quoted reply. gonna be a good day!  ;D)
https://www.youtube.com/v/xaaHsU-ew2Y

Urban, I'm pretty sure the engine power I put into it was equal to a S&S 110ci crate engine, compared to the wimpy little iron 1200 mill that was original to the bike. Two engine maps for it (big fire breathing V twin, and a close to stock Sporty 1200 engine) would give this bike a really nice feel. I live (literally) about 100 miles from Milwaukee, so I live with the HD crowd being everywhere. Way more into Japanese stuff myself, and I like the Italian ladies, but a little piece of me will always enjoy the slow and steady of a cruiser from time to time. Can't bring myself to own one, but anytime someone hands me the keys I don't turn it down.  ;)

matty0l215

It will be easier to almost start from scratch for this as the .cfg is so outdated but it wont take long to get the bike up and running in B11b

Like you say with rigid rear and other things that have come since this could be an okay bike.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: grimm on May 03, 2017, 04:40:46 PM
Urban, I'm pretty sure the engine power I put into it was equal to a S&S 110ci crate engine, compared to the wimpy little iron 1200 mill that was original to the bike. Two engine maps for it (big fire breathing V twin, and a close to stock Sporty 1200 engine) would give this bike a really nice feel. I live (literally) about 100 miles from Milwaukee, so I live with the HD crowd being everywhere. Way more into Japanese stuff myself, and I like the Italian ladies, but a little piece of me will always enjoy the slow and steady of a cruiser from time to time. Can't bring myself to own one, but anytime someone hands me the keys I don't turn it down.  ;)

Big fire breathing V twin? I like the sound of that...

lv13101993

;D ;D ;D Gonna be so chilled cruising in VR  ::) 8)