• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:36 AM

Cant get it right

Started by Daluz, May 02, 2017, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daluz

Hello guys,

I have been trying to get a "default" setup regarding my controller, but for some reason I havent found the "sweet" spot just yet. Can anyone help me on this? When I steer, it steers too fast. Its not as smooth, as some people on youtube. I know it has to do with training, but I just dont understand all those settings within the game. I hope someone can help me on this.

Thanks alot
Claudio

Urban Chaos 2.0

Try the lean settings in the attached screenshot below. Also, I recommend setting both throttle and clutch input-linearity to 150%, with a clutch deadzone of 13%. Throttle deadzone set to 0%.

Daluz

May 02, 2017, 04:09:39 PM #2 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:41:58 PM by ViruS
Hey, thanks alot for your reply. I just tryed those settings, but still the same. Or I am missing something. I downloaded the maxHUD, and for some reason stearing always Shows up. Shouldnt lean input Light up while in turns?
Claudio

Urban Chaos 2.0

Try selecting the "smooth" check-box. See how that feels, and adjust the "press" and "release" settings to fine-tune things. Increasing them will slow things down.

matty0l215

You can use the smooth option in the Advance Tab shown in UC's picture.

Check the box and then you can adjust the amount of smoothing on press and release of the stick control.

But as you say most of it is practice (A lot of practice) you may find it easier to start with if you push the joystick up to the top of its travel and then roll around the edge to make your input smoother rather than just going left and right.

Hope this help :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

matty0l215

So instead of doing this

Try this

Obviously if you have another control linked to the up/down movement of that stick then you wont be able to do this but thats just how i ride.

Daluz

Guys thanks alot for all your help. I think I have to get a different Controller. I got some cheap gamestop Controller, and I compared that one with a PS3 Controller(which wont work on my PC :-( ) and I have to say the PS3 Buttons feel so much smoother.  I will let you know Once I got a different Controller.
Claudio

matty0l215

Wired Xbox 360 controllers are what most people use. They are really cheap nowadays.

You can spend a bit of money and get a more expensive one but it's not necessary.

Have you tried to connect the PS3 controller to the PC?? There are a few user that use them I believe

Daluz

May 02, 2017, 06:33:27 PM #8 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:40:00 PM by ViruS
Yea I am going to buy a xbox 360 Controller. I am really looking foward to test it. Yes I tryed but the PS3 Controller wont connect. The leds just keep on blicking....

Would this one be more than enough? Or original? http://www.ebay.de/itm/152456686007
Claudio

guigui404

Quote from: ViruS on May 02, 2017, 06:33:27 PM
Yea I am going to buy a xbox 360 Controller. I am really looking foward to test it. Yes I tryed but the PS3 Controller wont connect. The leds just keep on blicking....

Would this one be more than enough? Or original? http://www.ebay.de/itm/152456686007
PS3 + DS3 tool and put in xbox360 pad mod , would be perfect

matty0l215

Any wired Xbox 360 controller should work

But take a look at what GuiGui just put up that may be of use

Daluz

Quote from: guigui404 on May 02, 2017, 07:35:49 PM
Quote from: ViruS on May 02, 2017, 06:33:27 PM

PS3 + DS3 tool and put in xbox360 pad mod , would be perfect

Tryed the DS3 Tool, but for some reason the Program wont Start up.
Claudio

Boerenlater

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on May 02, 2017, 03:24:02 PM
Try the lean settings in the attached screenshot below. Also, I recommend setting both throttle and clutch input-linearity to 150%, with a clutch deadzone of 13%. Throttle deadzone set to 0%.

With 10% it moves like a mammoth tanker. How can you ride with this ???
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

Quote from: Boerenlater on May 03, 2017, 07:18:36 AM
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on May 02, 2017, 03:24:02 PM

A mammoth tanker lmao. I have to use 100% and now I can hace over 100% linearity it is better. It really takes time to find the sweet spot for different controllers. I think I used 20% last time I used a gamepad

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: Boerenlater on May 03, 2017, 07:18:36 AM

Hahaha, I guess I have special skills. It's smooth, and I like smooth. Somewhat ironic, because my style can be seen as quite aggressive. I've never needed to raise it from 10%, so 10% is where it'll stay.