• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:12:33 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

cornering, contunued.

Started by Become dust, May 14, 2017, 02:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Become dust

Oi!! lads I've decided to try my luck with asking this forum for assistance involving the art of cornering

I'm riding around on the bike named 2015 Yamaha YZR-m1 but I just can't get it to function properly. As I close the distance to a turn I naturally hit the brakes but sooner or later the back kicks out limiting my braking ability, interestingly the 2015 honda RC213V is easier to handle and I can be more aggressive provided I don't brake too suddenly I also learned I can continue my braking through the corner itself which I find really interesting that it is possible to do so. here I realize not all bikes are equal but I really want to improve my ability to corner with the Yamaha model. Any ideas?

Tosteetos

I personally think that bike has killer brakes. I've found out it is a matter of really getting to fine tune your braking, you really need to just touch the brakes. Find the limit and practice to get more consistent.

What you are describing used to happen to me but now I have gotten used to the big initial bite.

Become dust

hmmm.... will keep it notated

tchemi

Quote from: Become dust on May 14, 2017, 02:02:53 PM
I can be more aggressive provided I don't brake too suddenly I also learned I can continue my braking through the corner itself which I find really interesting that it is possible to do so.

I started like you. Coming from car racing, I had to lose this habit. And yes, now I go gently in the brakes putting more and more pressure on the brakes and letting it go if the rear lift up or if it wobbles to much. And yes, you will save a lot of time if you late your braking and continue braking in the entry of the corner.

Become dust

Quote from: tchemi on May 15, 2017, 02:43:31 PM
Quote from: Become dust on May 14, 2017, 02:02:53 PM
I can be more aggressive provided I don't brake too suddenly I also learned I can continue my braking through the corner itself which I find really interesting that it is possible to do so.

I started like you. Coming from car racing, I had to lose this habit. And yes, now I go gently in the brakes putting more and more pressure on the brakes and letting it go if the rear lift up or if it wobbles to much. And yes, you will save a lot of time if you late your braking and continue braking in the entry of the corner.

true dat, but i really just want someone just to monitor wth I'm doing wrong cause i just feel like I'm riding in the dark not knowing what i do right or wrong :/

tchemi

we can catch online tonight if you want. Send me a PM

Become dust

Quote from: tchemi on May 17, 2017, 01:51:01 PM
we can catch online tonight if you want. Send me a PM

certainly!!