• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:47:06 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

"Track Rating Polls". Everyone please participate. Thank you.

Started by Hawk, January 11, 2014, 12:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rate "Albi" Track(not "Albi2011 1.0") from 1 - 10 (10 being best rating)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (16.7%)
2 (16.7%)
1 (8.3%)
1 (8.3%)
2 (16.7%)
3 (25%)
1 (8.3%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: January 18, 2014, 12:30:03 AM

Hawk

Hi Guys.... I need your help.  :)

I'm running one poll every seven days to get a true community rating for each track used on dibu's online servers. I'll post the results of these ratings in a "Track Ratings" list in the "Track Downloads" thread.
I believe this will not only help the community to know which tracks are the best to ride on, but it will also help the modding community to know which tracks need to be brought up to date or rebuilt from scratch.

I'll create a new poll for a different track every seven days selected by alphabetical order taken from the "Tracks Downloads" MEGA database link.

I'd like you to judge each track more on it's rideability and not wether it's your favourite track, or looks good or not, and if you are not familiar with a track in the poll, please test the track before you vote. Thanks :)

Thank you all for your participation.
;D

PS: I would really like to put more polls up at one time, but I don't think the admins would appreciate SO many polls/threads created all at once.

Arvoss

1 poll/7 days is not enough. As you said, making a poll for every race would be a 'mess'. Maybe PiBoSo can add a new child forum under mods. Ratings, rate my mod,... Or something like that. A forum where everyone can show his or her mod (Bikes, tracks and eventually a skin pack) and ask others to rate it and give feedback on it.

Btw: My favorite tracks are Paul Ricard, Victoria, Monzabike, COTA and Brno (But one of the last corners of Brno is impossible...Just like the corkscrew in Jerez...). But I like to test new tracks when there are people online or when there is a hot lap event :D

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on January 11, 2014, 08:56:14 AM
1 poll/7 days is not enough. As you said, making a poll for every race would be a 'mess'. Maybe PiBoSo can add a new child forum under mods. Ratings, rate my mod,... Or something like that. A forum where everyone can show his or her mod (Bikes, tracks and eventually a skin pack) and ask others to rate it and give feedback on it.
I agree, and if one of the admins can create a section just for polls with child sections for say, General, Tracks, Bikes, Skins, etc, etc, that would be great and enable me to do more polls at one time. ;D

Quote from: Arvoss on January 11, 2014, 08:56:14 AM
Btw: My favorite tracks are Paul Ricard, Victoria, Monzabike, COTA and Brno (But one of the last corners of Brno is impossible...Just like the corkscrew in Jerez...). But I like to test new tracks when there are people online or when there is a hot lap event :D

This is why I would like the community to vote on a tracks ridability and not biased towards their favourite track, ie: if their favourite track is BRNO and the last corner on the track has a bad problem then that should drastically lower the rating for that track; at least then the modding community will know their is a problem that urgently needs sorting out with that track. ;) :)

RBp

I got a link to lots of 3d max track files would that help anyone? Donnington park is crap to ride on can anyone fix it if possable

Arvoss

Quote from: RBp on January 11, 2014, 12:18:01 PM
I got a link to lots of 3d max track files would that help anyone? Donnington park is crap to ride on can anyone fix it if possable

I'm not sure but I think PiBoSo said he's going to 'ban' imported tracks when GP Bikes v1 will be released. He wants only scratch built tracks, and that's a good idea imo. But again, I'm not sure if he literally said that.

Hawk

That would be useful to me.... I work on 3D models and I'd like to have a look at these tracks to see if there is anything I can see that is obviously wrong with the topology of these models?

Send me the link via PM if you think the forum admins wouldn't like it posted here. ;)

Thanks RBp, appreciated.   ;);D

Hawk

I got a link to lots of 3d max track files would that help anyone? Donnington park is crap to ride on can anyone fix it if possible

I'm a big fan of Donington Park race circuit. I think the one used here is a little on the narrow side for the real donington park track and has several dodgy corners..
If it was as rideable as Victoria(Phillip Island) then it would make a brilliant addition to what I'd call the good tracks collection. :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Arvoss on January 11, 2014, 02:56:51 PM
I'm not sure but I think PiBoSo said he's going to 'ban' imported tracks when GP Bikes v1 will be released. He wants only scratch built tracks, and that's a good idea imo. But again, I'm not sure if he literally said that.
I don't think he said that literally. In any case, at worst he may ask for removing references to such tracks from the forum.

MaX.

Klax75

This is a hard poll for me kind of open ended. Which bike class am I on? I nearly like all the tracks, there are a few I don't personally like the authors version off. Some tracks I like on the 990 better then others. The R6 seems to do good on most of them well. So it's hard for me to answer in this poll.

If we could do a poll with multiple categories per track to put a opinion on. Like 1-10 Track Surface, Preferred Bike? 1-10 how close does it capture the source material? 1-10 Is the tarmac on the virtual version wide enough for racing? And so on.

Just a idea.

Docfumi

+1 Klax75,

Not to mention there are 2 versions of Albi.  :o
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Hawk

Quote from: docfumi on January 12, 2014, 07:45:30 AM
+1 Klax75,

Not to mention there are 2 versions of Albi.  :o

I take your point, and yes it can be confusing so I'll make it clear as to what track this poll relates to and also I'll make it clearer in any future polls. ;) :)

So just to make things clear: This poll is for the track file named  "Albi" ,NOT for the track named "Albi2011_1.0"

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on January 12, 2014, 03:47:57 AM
This is a hard poll for me kind of open ended. Which bike class am I on? I nearly like all the tracks, there are a few I don't personally like the authors version off. Some tracks I like on the 990 better then others. The R6 seems to do good on most of them well. So it's hard for me to answer in this poll.

If we could do a poll with multiple categories per track to put a opinion on. Like 1-10 Track Surface, Preferred Bike? 1-10 how close does it capture the source material? 1-10 Is the tarmac on the virtual version wide enough for racing? And so on.

Just a idea.

I've had another look at the Forum Poll Generator, and unfortunately from what I can see it doesn't allow such a sophisticated poll, as you have suggested, to be generated.

I'm just trying to create a general community track rating guide for the community and modders benefit; a detailed guide can be correlated at a later date when all bike physics and tracks have been finally sorted out, because as you say, the R6 seems to perform better, even on tracks that another bike has big problems with; now is this difference in performance the track at fault? Or is this difference in performance the physics of the bike at fault? This would make a good debate, and very worthy of it's own thread. ;D

RBp

Quote from: Arvoss on January 11, 2014, 02:56:51 PM

I think most are scratch built but conversion, Njeey, nofx, banger (my favoit track),  The only auther I found that ripped tracks from games was Godknows. the rest are modders from nogrip racing fourm from what I google,

Ian

I just remembered this link to tracks on GP Bikes Italia they have rated some for playability
http://gp-bikes-italia.forumfree.it/?t=66237776
May help   

Hawk

Quote from: Ian on January 12, 2014, 06:12:17 PM
I just remembered this link to tracks on GP Bikes Italia they have rated some for playability
http://gp-bikes-italia.forumfree.it/?t=66237776
May help
Hi Ian.

Thanks for that. ;)

I do have a track rating chart for the track ratings, but I feel a lot of the tracks are very much over rated. I mean there are tracks I know are very much unrideable at this time that are rated at a 8 or 9 out of 10, which is ridiculous.  This is why I wanted to start a fresh rating from the community to hopefully get a true up to date rating on all current tracks used for online racing with GP Bikes.

Seeing as this poll for all tracks will take some time, I might yet post that other chart to see what the community thinks of it, and just update it as and when these polls here produce a final result for each track.. :)