• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:21:10 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Better Performance: Was it Tracks or Bikes at fault?

Started by Hawk, January 12, 2014, 10:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

With the new mod bikes making an appearance recently in GP Bikes, I and others have noticed that particulary with the R6, the performance of the physics and ridability of the bike/s, especially on tracks were riding a default bike was pretty pointless, due to what was presumed the track being very bumpy on certain corners(and some still are), I have to raise the question:

Is it the fault of the tracks or the bikes that cause/d a large number of tracks to be previously almost unrideable before the appearance of the current mod bikes(Especially with regards to the R6)?

A lot of work and talent has been implemented to get the R6 physics correct, so I'm thinking that maybe the physics on some other bikes(Not all), especially default bikes is way out and therefore the reason they cannot cope with the bumps and undulations on certain tracks?

So is it the case that when all bikes physics have been corrected, that track performance will greatly improve without(to a great extent) the need for track modders to smooth certain track surfaces?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Hawk.

PS: @Admins - Not sure if this is in correct forum catergory? Put it here because it is related to modders with the question of performance in relation to track/bike modding. :)

Warlock

Did you tried them with the last R6 version?

With this one i was touching the fairing on the floor all around in tracks like Misano and Paul Ricard, same happen with the default Varese, what is a pain. Cant touch rear brake or fairing touch the floor and fall. This is with the default setting with no preload on suspensions.
In Misano i had to tune the suspension to avoid this problem.

neoraptor

@Warlock: I identified the problem with Ali  :)
It will be fixed in the next release.
I will try to keep the fairing touch on the road version (but maybe a bit less than actual) and put the collision sphere again higher for the SSP version ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Warlock

Hawk

January 12, 2014, 03:47:29 PM #4 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:50:25 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: Warlock on January 12, 2014, 02:43:23 PM
Did you tried them with the last R6 version?

With this one i was touching the fairing on the floor all around in tracks like Misano and Paul Ricard, same happen with the default Varese, what is a pain. Cant touch rear brake or fairing touch the floor and fall. This is with the default setting with no preload on suspensions.
In Misano i had to tune the suspension to avoid this problem.

Warlock! That's why your so fast! Hehe ;D

What setting do you usually set your suspension to? As I didn't experience those problems. Just as a note, I have been trying a lot lower bump/rebound settings and seems to hold the line better round corners. But still had no scrapping of fairing around Misanao or Paul Ricard; have you got your suspension almost bottoming out with no preload at all front or rear?

Warlock

Its with default setting.

What is strange is with full preload the problem doesn't seem worse  ???  .I supposed with a much lower bike problem should be worse. I guess with this setting it has less travel, but ......

sorry for oftopic here

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on January 12, 2014, 06:34:53 PM
Its with default setting.

What is strange is with full preload the problem doesn't seem worse  ???  .I supposed with a much lower bike problem should be worse. I guess with this setting it has less travel, but ......

sorry for oftopic here
With full preload your grounding problem should not happen due to the bike being higher off the ground when suspension is compressed? I'm sure this is right?

neoraptor

Exactly : if you increase the preload, you will need more weight to make the suspension working (working point is shifted).
I will solve this issue on the next release by putting the collision sphere a bit higher ;)
No need to preload then
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<