• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:16:30 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

If you want more immersion...

Started by teeds, September 05, 2017, 01:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Problem you have is limited audio 'stage' in the game, the only bits that ''rumble' are the kerbs, the weird LF is possibly the wind noise or a noisy output from the amp. Your seismic shakers will not like driving higher frequencies for long and might get a bit warm.
This is why I started to use the telemetry accelerations to drive the shakers in a more realistic way.

I did start a shaker circuit (eccentric motor) that ran off the rpm signal  for engine vibes:)

teeds

When I got this constant hum/buzz/noise when selecting a sub-woofer output, it was while not in game and also while no noises were being generated by windows? Not checked for heat but nothing has stopped working yet, fingers crossed.

Quote from: h106frp on October 24, 2017, 10:54:42 AM
This is why I started to use the telemetry accelerations to drive the shakers in a more realistic way.

I did start a shaker circuit (eccentric motor) that ran off the rpm signal  for engine vibes:)

Would be good but I imagine starts getting a bit more complicated.

Maybe one day sound cards will get a dedicated shaker output usable by applications.

h106frp

SimVibe is the only API driven system I know of... but pricey

teeds

Variable simulated wind would be another great addition to the immersion level. Just a standard fan in front of you works to some degree, as i found out on a hot day in summer  8)