• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Modify duration of sessions

Started by Adalgood, November 04, 2017, 12:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adalgood

Can someone explain how I can modify the duration of the sessions for an online server? What file should I modify?

doubledragoncc

You modify the "dedicated.ini" file in the derver install folder gpbikes

[connection]
name = GPBOC Server Tests
maxclient = 10
password =
admin_password =
bandwidth = 3 ; 0 -> low, 1 -> medium, 2 -> high, 3 -> very high
max_ping =
whitelist = ; E:\Lists\whitelist.txt ; the filename of the whitelist
blacklist = ; E:\Lists\blacklist.txt ; the filename of the blacklist
polls_disable = 0 ; if set to 1, polls are disabled
location = IASystems, London UK ; information about server location
MOTD = Enjoy !

[export]
results = html; html or xml, If set it will automatically export results at the end of the race
directory = E:\Results\ ; the directory where results will be saved ( must exist )
units = 2 ;0->metric,1->US,2->UK

[replay]
save = 1 ; 0 or 1, If set to 1 it will automatically save the full replay at the end of the race
directory = E:\Replays\ ; the directory where replays will be saved ( must exist )

[event]
name = GPBOC Testrace         ; the name of the event ( optional )
track = Silverstone GP 2017 V0.96_NDS
track_layout =
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;track= OULTONPARK_NDS         ; example of one track with different layouts
;track_layout = OULTONPARK_CLASSIC_NDS
;track2= OULTONPARK_NDS         ; example of one track with different layouts
;track2_layout= OULTONPARK_FOSTERS_NDS
;track3= OULTONPARK_NDS         ; example of one track with different layouts
;track3_layout=
; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
category = Moto 3 ;Moto GP/GP1000/GP800/SSP600/SBK/STK1000/S80 ;bike category allowed, Empty->Open, GP125, GP125 Cup, GP250, GP500, GP800, GP1000, SSP600, SBK, STK1000, Moto 2, Moto 3, ROAD, WSBK, H2R, WSBK 2015,WSBK 2017

[rating]
class = ; A -> 2000+, B -> 1600-1999; C -> 1200-1599; D -> 800-1199

[weather]
realistic = 0 ; 0 or 1, if set to 1, following params are ignored
conditions = 0 ; 0 -> sunny, 1 -> cloudy, 2 -> rainy
temperature = 22 ; air temperature, celsius
wind_direction = 2 ; 0 -> n, 1 -> ne, 2 -> e, 3 -> se, 4 -> s, 5 -> sw, 6 -> w, 7 -> nw
wind_speed = 5 ; meters/second
track_conditions = 0 ; 0 -> dry, 1 -> wet (incremental, 1.0 = 100% wet, 0.9 = 90% wet etc.)

[hardcore]
force_cockpit = 0 ; 0 or 1
no_aids = 0 ; 0 or 1
limited_tyre_sets = 0 ; 0 or 1

[race]
quick_race = 0 ; 0 or 1, If set to 1, practice, warmup, sighting lap and warmup lap are skipped
practice_length = 6000 ; minutes
qualify_length = 25 ; minutes
warmup_length = 5 ; minutes
sighting_lap = 0 ; 0 or 1
warmup_lap = 0 ; 0 or 1
race_length = 100 ; % of full length
race_use_laps = 1 ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, race_laps is used instead of race_length
race_laps = 18 ; number of race laps

restart_delay = 360 ; server restart time in seconds
pause = 0 ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, the event is paused and saved at the end of "pause_session"
pause_session = race ; practice, qualify, warmup or race
pause_directory = C:\Peter\GPBSaves\\Resume\ ; the directory where data is saved. The default is "resume"
resume = ;C:\Peter\GPBSaves\Resume\victoria_500.ini ; the file to load to resume an event
save = 0 ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, the event is saved at the end of "save_session". If "pause" is set, this setting is ignored
save_session = qualify ; practice, qualify, warmup or race
save_directory = C:\Peter\GPBSaves\Resume\ ; the directory where data is saved. The default is "resume"

[live]
enable =    ; 1 to enable live timing
port =       ; the UDP port
password =

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Adalgood

Thanks doubledragon but that only works if I make a dedicated server right? I can not do it by creating a game from within the game?

teeds

When you make a non dedicated server those settings are on the "Settings" tab in the "Race Setup" area.

Adalgood

Quote from: teeds on November 04, 2017, 01:30:54 PM
When you make a non dedicated server those settings are on the "Settings" tab in the "Race Setup" area.

Yes, but it does not let you increase more than 60 minutes ... I want to do one of several hours.

teeds

You can probably edit a file to increase the time, but I suspect when you hit that settings screen it'll reset it to whatever the min or max is there. It's like that with video settings etc.

Adalgood

Quote from: teeds on November 04, 2017, 02:42:48 PM
You can probably edit a file to increase the time, but I suspect when you hit that settings screen it'll reset it to whatever the min or max is there. It's like that with video settings etc.

please tell me what file it is and I try

teeds

The user profile.ini (Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\"your user name"\) looks to have race length settings in it.

Adalgood

Quote from: teeds on November 04, 2017, 04:42:05 PM
The user profile.ini (Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\"your user name"\) looks to have race length settings in it.

Yeah now it worked! Thanks, Teeds!