• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 

Concurrent Use Multiple Controllers...

Started by uberslug, November 10, 2017, 03:39:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

Is it possible to set up multiple controllers to be used concurrently?

In other words, can two controllers be set up concurrently so that the handlebar inputs [steering, front brake, clutch, throttle] from one controller could be used in conjunction with the foot peg inputs [shifting, rear brake, left / right lean] from another controller?

This thought just occurred to me but I am away from my machine and can't just poke about.

teeds

I've used 2 controllers before no problem.

TimboC137


Hawk

I used to play with my joystick and separate foot pedals from my steering wheel controller setup.....

No jokes about playing with my joystick please guys.... I've heard them all over the years. Lol! ;D

KG_03

Anyway the worst option is game pad... joystick seem to be better.

matty0l215

HS2 Pro. Best option hands down ;)

And yes as everyone else has said. Two input devices should be fine. I used to have pedals for changing ger for a little while

doubledragoncc

Thanks matty. I am on Hs3's now lol.

To the thread though I use Hs3 for bars and foot controls but then use and edtracker for body movement so it is seen in GPB as 2 seperate controllers. I have had 2 hs2's connected in gpb at the same time fyi.

Looking forward to adding the new full instrument dashboard as soon as I can afford too which works in GPB according to symprojects.



Thats what I meant in my message Matty.
DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls<br /><br /><br /><br />i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1060 OC 6GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

HornetMaX

Quote from: uberslug on November 10, 2017, 03:39:55 pm
Is it possible to set up multiple controllers to be used concurrently?

Yes.

[short is beautiful :) ]

davidboda46

My experience is that you can use multiple controllers as long as they are not the same kind. I connected 2 Sidewinder FF Wheels and both show up in controller configuration as separate units but the inputs are only recognized from one of them. That's why I haven't bought another Edtracker unit (for body movement), because it's useless if the game doesn't recognize their individual inputs (I use the one I have for head tracking).

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

TimboC137

You could likely use vjoy to use a second identical controller.  Idk, if that would work tho. I think it's worth a try.

doubledragoncc

I use Bu0836 controllers and each has its own ID number in windows and so do EdTracker units. In windows it is fine so I think Piboso would have to make this happen in GPB for certain devices. The BU boards are fine but not figured 2 ET's yet.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls<br /><br /><br /><br />i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1060 OC 6GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

HornetMaX

Quote from: davidboda46 on November 13, 2017, 11:28:22 am
My experience is that you can use multiple controllers as long as they are not the same kind. I connected 2 Sidewinder FF Wheels and both show up in controller configuration as separate units but the inputs are only recognized from one of them. That's why I haven't bought another Edtracker unit (for body movement), because it's useless if the game doesn't recognize their individual inputs (I use the one I have for head tracking).

Strange: I have 3 joypads connected and two of them are essentially identical (2 GPX + 1 Xbox). I think GPB sees the 3 of the properly, after you have correctly calibrated the 3 of them. I'll try to check this as soon as possible.

TimboC137

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 13, 2017, 11:39:30 am
I use Bu0836 controllers and each has its own ID number in windows and so do EdTracker units. In windows it is fine so I think Piboso would have to make this happen in GPB for certain devices. The BU boards are fine but not figured 2 ET's yet.

DD


have you tried using 1 edtracker ingame like normal, and a 2nd edtracker configured thru vjoy, and used ingame by selecting vjoy as a controller instead of the 2nd edtracker?