• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:45:54 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Shadows

Started by Abigor, January 17, 2014, 12:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abigor

January 17, 2014, 12:20:53 PM Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:23:58 PM by Abigor
Shadows problem on some track..... :-\    i have shadows on grass and in pit lane but not on track..... ??? anybody knows why?

neoraptor

Do you have it on all tracks? Victoria too?
Your graphic card drivers are up to date? Are you running AMD or Nvidia?
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Abigor

Quote from: neoraptor on January 17, 2014, 12:34:24 PM
Do you have it on all tracks? Victoria too?
Your graphic card drivers are up to date? Are you running AMD or Nvidia?
Hey......i have this on 50% off all track......there's no problem on track like Victoria or Paul Ricard ,Magny Cours.  I think it's strange that  Misano 02 is no problem but Misano 01 has no shadows.....its the samme track  ??? Assen, Aragon, Monza no shadows. I dont have AMD or Nvidia....i run on HD Graphics 4000  ;D lol  i know what you think now but actually i run on almost max settings..... Please what can i do ?

neoraptor

It looks like the problem is coming from the track then.
Maybe the naming convention was not respected or there is some parameters wrong with the asphalt.

I will try it this evening. If I have the same problem, we will contact the author to ask for the correct asphalt. ;)
Otherwise, you may have some trouble with your graphic cards ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius

janaucarre

strange, because asphalt needs to be named as TRKASPHALT_ for running on and TRK receives automatically shadows, and if the author has forgot to cross the shadow option at the export, nothing receive shadows. Wich track is the images?

neoraptor

He said Assen, Aragon, Monza no shadows. ;)

janaucarre

no shadows it's my fault on monza and aragon but no shadows on asphalt but on grass is very strange.

Hawk

January 17, 2014, 04:44:02 PM #7 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:45:51 PM by Hawk_UK
I suspect this is due to a driver problem. Have you got the latest graphics drivers installed? You didn't actually say whether you have or not. :)

Abigor

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 17, 2014, 04:44:02 PM
I suspect this is due to a driver problem. Have you got the latest graphics drivers installed?
Oooohh man  :-\  i really don't know.....i never install any drivers.....but it's strange that some track is working and some is not.

Hawk

Quote from: Abigor on January 17, 2014, 04:50:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 17, 2014, 04:44:02 PM
I suspect this is due to a driver problem. Have you got the latest graphics drivers installed?
Oooohh man  :-\  i really don't know.....i never install any drivers.....but it's strange that some track is working and some is not.

Yes it is indeed a strange thing to happen, but updating your graphics driver would be the main priority to try and solve this problem. If it still happens afterwards then you at least know it's not the graphics driver that is your problem. ;) :)

Arvoss

Nice screenshot Abigor  8)

Abigor

Quote from: Arvoss on January 17, 2014, 07:59:27 PM
LOL please don't laugh at me  ;D......my biggest fear is that i don't will have shadows on suzuka  :'( .....for me its like playing lottery...... last two track i download was like this Enna Pergusa has shadows but Mosport not so lucky.....so you see i'm praying and hoping for Suzuka  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Abigor on January 17, 2014, 04:50:54 PM
Oooohh man  :-\  i really don't know.....i never install any drivers.....
Expect problems then.

Update your drivers, it's not hard.

MaX.

noss69

Quote from: Abigor on January 17, 2014, 09:25:11 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on January 17, 2014, 07:59:27 PM
LOL please don't laugh at me  ;D......my biggest fear is that i don't will have shadows on suzuka  :'( .....for me its like playing lottery...... last two track i download was like this Enna Pergusa has shadows but Mosport not so lucky.....so you see i'm praying and hoping for Suzuka  ;)

you will have all the shadows has suzuka the problem is not to your hardware.
Possibility 2:
- The parameters has not export its not respected in this case no shadow everywhere
- 2 ground texture supperposé that in this case no shadow without prefix DECAL_

Magny Cours test this place has no shadow of a bad naming of the object

Abigor

ok.....thanks noss69  :D