• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:25 AM

throttle blip / rev-match

Started by badexample69, November 21, 2017, 07:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badexample69

so throttle blip / rev-match.. Is there such a thing in the game? Is there an option in the game that I don't know about or it is just not implemented yet?

Thanks!
8)

teeds

We get failed gear changes so I would imagine it's down to blipping or rev matching not being done.

Hawk

Quote from: badexample69 on November 21, 2017, 07:39:06 AM
so throttle blip / rev-match.. Is there such a thing in the game? Is there an option in the game that I don't know about or it is just not implemented yet?

Thanks!
8)

"Auto-Throttle-Blipping" can be implemented by the bike physics authors, but you need to check the "Shift Help" box in GPBike settings to implement that function, otherwise you have to do it manually with your controller if you want to throttle-blip.

As an instance - We implemented this on the CAWS GP500 bikes as it's not easy to do it manually with your controller(unless you have a controller like the IAS HS3 from DD), but you still have the option to do it manually with your controller if you like, even if you still have "Shift-Help" selected, as the manual operation overrides the shift help setting.

But yes, it does need setting up properly to work well, as does the slipper-clutch on most 4 stroke bikes(often overlooked too in my opinion).

Note: It's not always implemented for some reason; maybe because some feel that "Shift Help" is a rider aid? I think they ignore the fact that the ECU on modern bikes is also a riders aid yet the ECU is always implemented on the modern bikes in GPB it seems.

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: badexample69 on November 21, 2017, 07:39:06 AM

Thanks!
8)

Yep, just open a bike.cfg, and you can see what is possible do in GP Bikes.

connorhall70

I rev match without the clutch on most bikes as habbit from real life. ez pz m9
GanjaGod

davidboda46

I do it on the smaller bikes, like Moto3, Moto2 and R6 Cup, just because you have more time as they don't go that bloody fast. On the Superbikes and Motogp I just bang down through the gears and give a little throttle at the end so the rear isn't locked up when I turn into the corner. Never used shift help... never even thought about the option as I read somewhere on the forum that your shifting becomes slower... but I might be wrong about that...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Quote from: davidboda46 on November 22, 2017, 01:08:55 AM
I do it on the smaller bikes, like Moto3, Moto2 and R6 Cup, just because you have more time as they don't go that bloody fast. On the Superbikes and Motogp I just bang down through the gears and give a little throttle at the end so the rear isn't locked up when I turn into the corner. Never used shift help... never even thought about the option as I read somewhere on the forum that your shifting becomes slower... but I might be wrong about that...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Often the case David, but only because it hasn't been setup properly(or at all) in the bikes physics.... as I said in my post above, "Shift Help" settings are often totally overlooked by bikemod authors it seems for whatever reason.... I don't understand why that is so, because "Shift Help" is overridden by manual controls so riders could actually leave shift help selected all the time if it was setup properly in all the bikemods physics models. :)

badexample69

November 23, 2017, 05:49:32 AM #7 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:53:44 AM by badexample69
Quote from: Hawk on November 22, 2017, 10:29:42 AM
Quote from: davidboda46 on November 22, 2017, 01:08:55 AM

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Often the case David, but only because it hasn't been setup properly(or at all) in the bikes physics.... as I said in my post above, "Shift Help" settings are often totally overlooked by bikemod authors it seems for whatever reason.... I don't understand why that is so, because "Shift Help" is overridden by manual controls so riders could actually leave shift help selected all the time if it was setup properly in all the bikemods physics models. :)

I tried WSBK 2017 with shifthelp last night . It is clunky, laggy and slow and I lock the rear all the times.  I do it manually. It is cool anyways but the real deal would be fun too. :D bappp bappo bappp !!

I had the same kit on my last ZX-10r. It was super fast and reliable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCd0bwqfEUo

Italian Mod Team

@badexample69

In the wsbk 17 we have not touch this aid because not one of tester and modders use it.

Anyway its a 5 min job, go in the cfg with a text editor and under shifthelp change the values, we have not request of this in months... but we'll add it in the next update.

Hawk

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on November 23, 2017, 08:47:13 AM
@badexample69

In the wsbk 17 we have not touch this aid because not one of tester and modders use it.

Anyway its a 5 min job, go in the cfg with a text editor and under shifthelp change the values, we have not request of this in months... but we'll add it in the next update.

Probably a typo or misunderstanding here, but as a member of the CAWS Mod Team I can tell you that we do test and implement the "Shift Help" feature as some bikes, if the user doesn't fully manually change gears with a manual clutch and throttle blip action on their controller, need the use of the "Shift Help" feature for the bike to go through the gear change routine properly without upsetting the balance of the bike, especially the classic bikes that don't have the modern electronic quick-shifter feature.

Now CAWS have adopted releasing our bikeMODS at an early stage of development so the community can get involved in the testing phase of our bikemod developments, there maybe some CAWS bikemods currently released that are still in their testing phase for community feedback that still need these sort of features tweaking, but for sure CAWS MOD Team do have a policy of implementing and working on the shift-help feature to get it working properly for whatever bike model it relates to as we all know that not all riders have a controller that makes it easy to fully manually operate their clutch and throttle-blipping procedure during the gear shift stages with their particular controller.

As I say, your statement could well just have been a typo or simply an English grammar mistake, but I just wanted to make that clear, as your statement that "not one of tester and modders use it" could be misleading and inaccurate with regards to other MOD Teams work. :)

Italian Mod Team

I meant testers/modders of the IMT.

BOBR6 84

You dont always need or want to blip and rev match.... Its also fine to use the clutch.. (release slowly).. It depends on the situation.. If your not using manual clutch in GPB you are missing out imo..

badexample69

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on November 23, 2017, 08:47:13 AM
@badexample69

awesome! Thanks for the tip IMT. That pixeleted 8 bits slice of pizza is getting me hungry! :D