• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 03:02:43 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

RSV4 Amateur attempt at remapping (WIP)

Started by wulfgaard, January 18, 2014, 11:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wulfgaard

January 18, 2014, 11:55:07 PM Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:03:50 AM by wulfgaard
Hi everyone,

I would love to do bike mods from scratch but the fact is, being realistic, I am no designer and I know very little of 3DStudioMax and how to start building from the ground up  ??? . That said, I love all bike mods posted on this forum but since engine and geometry modding was allowed a while ago, I hoped they would be updated...  ::)

I hoped that their creators would create .engn files and .geom files for them but, apart from the R6 (which keeps getting better and better) all other mods still have the default files from murasama or varese. Why?  :'(

In an attemp to increase my level of pleasure using GP-Bikes, I had already created, for my use only, a custom engn for the 125 cup and after my hd went to hell, I tried to create two mapping files for the RSV4 and here we are. One is an approximation to the production bike specs and the second a long shot at trying to nail the race specs.

Two problems I found, finding a accurate torque graph on the net and two, in a effort to keep it simple, I used the same 13 points of the murasama. Big mistake, that is something I'll try to correct ASAP but still, it is ridable, I think.  ;D

I used a MS Excel file to gather data from the original murasama and the new RSV4. It needs to be optimized to facilitate transition to .engn file.

Last and not least, I will immediately eliminate this post if the creator of the original RSV4 mod finds that these tweaks are in any way parasites on his work and if so, I ask only one thing, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease take care to develop this part of your mod who will make your work really come out. ;)

Cheers,

Wulfgaard

P.S.: This next week I start lessons to take out my Euro A motorcycle permit. Finally...  8)

iVolution

Quote from: wulfgaard on January 18, 2014, 11:55:07 PM
Last and not least, I will immediately eliminate this post if the creator of the original RSV4 mod finds that these tweaks are in any way parasites on his work
I think the creator won't mind you experimenting on his bike for a little bit. You have to start somewhere and in the case you have something better to add it's great. Just make sure to contact the original creator if you want your mappings added to the mod and you'll be fine i guess.

P.S.: This next week I start lessons to take out my Euro A motorcycle permit. Finally...  8)
Good luck with that. Already got mine a few years ago and don't regret it until this day. Any thoughts about which motorcycle you are going to get with that?  :D

Warlock

Good luck man, and take care on the  road , once you have it  ;)

wulfgaard

January 19, 2014, 12:13:19 AM #3 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:22:01 AM by wulfgaard
Thanks for all the support.

I've thinking a lot and being a working student, I'll probably set for a cheap old naked or sports-bike 500/600 (XJ600N, CBR600f, NTV 650 or something like that)  but I really don't have a fixed idea. I'll take a good deal if I can find it. Later on, I love Moto Guzzi but that's a bit too steep. I would love to get a Triumph Daytona 675 in a couple of years when I finish me studies and have a lot more km under my belt.

By the way, I can't find the name of the RSV4 creator anywhere so if you know who he/she is, please let me know.

Cheers

iVolution

Quote from: wulfgaard on January 19, 2014, 12:13:19 AM
Thanks for all the support.
I would love to get a Triumph Daytona 675 in a couple of years when I finish me studies and have a lot more km under my belt.

By the way, I can't find the name of the RSV4 creator anywhere so if you know who he/she is, please let me know.

Cheers
I've been driving my gsxr 1000 k8 since i started studying so the sky is the limit   ;)  :D, sold my first bike and worked 2 years for it but in the end I got my dream bike.

Can't help remember who did the RSV4 since it was first posted on the old forum. Might have been Juju but i am not entirely sure about that. Maybe someone else can refresh my memory.

RiccoChicco

iVolution

Quote from: RiccoChicco on January 19, 2014, 12:35:33 AM
It's Juju  ;)
Thanks Ricco, my alzheimer is kicking in lately  :P

There you have your answer. Juju is not visiting the forum very often atm so it may take some time for him to reply. Be nice because he is one of the truly great artist around here  :D

Juju

wulfgaard

Just the person I wanted to see.  Does it bother you that I posted a slight tweak to your bike mod? I still need to work hard on it to make it proper. I would love to have some input, if you can, of course.

Quote from: iVolution on January 19, 2014, 12:44:43 AM
Quote from: RiccoChicco on January 19, 2014, 12:35:33 AM
It's Juju  ;)
Thanks Ricco, my alzheimer is kicking in lately  :P

There you have your answer. Juju is not visiting the forum very often atm so it may take some time for him to reply. Be nice because he is one of the truly great artist around here  :D

The GSXR (particularly the specific model you own) is one my favourite but too much for me to handle right now. I think I also tend towards the sports bike because I want to learn the ropes of proper riding, including taking part in some trackdays. I've got a few friends with motorcycles like the Yamaha R6, Mv Agusta F4, Honda CBR among others and they also been given me awesome advices and support.

My objective is to ride all year around, well, at least try :D.

But first thing first, I need to pass the exam and it has been 7 years since I've ridden a motorcycle and it was a dirt bike, not even a decent road motorcycle. I admit I'm a bit nervous but at the same time, ecstatic. :)

wulfgaard

I've used too much braking power and I need to review the 0 - 6000 rpm range. It's messy. I'll take care of it tomorrow ASAP. I'm enjoying it, I only hope it is marginally useful.

Cheers and have a nice night

C21

If looked into the files and don´t think that it is too much...
Will check that later.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #