• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:35:21 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[BIKE] Suzuki GSVR

Started by Juju, January 19, 2014, 01:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reactive

QuoteSame sound and handling as the default 1000cc bike
May be, but for me it feels different versus stock Murasama.
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

wulfgaard

Klax75

I noticed when I was on the bike in helmet view my paint job always seem to be light blue even though I wasn't running with that color paint. Seems like no matter what my paint is when I am on the bike it is light baby blue.

Juju

Quote from: Klax75 on January 21, 2014, 03:58:00 PM
I noticed when I was on the bike in helmet view my paint job always seem to be light blue even though I wasn't running with that color paint. Seems like no matter what my paint is when I am on the bike it is light baby blue.

This is normal, you need to make another texture carrying a different name.
I have not given this texture.

Texture GSVR cockpit view : https://mega.co.nz/#!Jo8BxCKY!ZbcamifhxjcC4p3fK5btu3yILl0erd38ZPsdFFnYJDM

And by the way :

Texture GSVR Wheel : https://mega.co.nz/#!IssnnDQC!EYAWTGWV6bXk4auLzzzVX2PO0Othw_GE5CzS1p9Kl9I

Alibaskins

It's a sound rip from another game ?
The engine.scl isn't good, but the sound is good :)

Have you planned to change it ?

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

JamoZ

January 23, 2014, 09:07:15 AM #35 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:05:33 AM by HornetMaX
EDIT[HornetMaX]: boss is not happy when we rip stuff from other games, I've removed the game name.

The sounds are from *****, of course i`ve changed them a bit. What`s wrong with the engine file? I`m not an expert so i just copied warlocks engine file and changed the volume levels a bit.
I don`t plan the change it as i just wanted a different sound for the bike which i accomplished. Feel free to edit or change the sounds ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on January 23, 2014, 09:07:15 AM
The sounds are from Assetto Corsa, of course i`ve changed them a bit. What`s wrong with the engine file? I`m not an expert so i just copied warlocks engine file and changed the volume levels a bit.
I don`t plan the change it as i just wanted a different sound for the bike which i accomplished. Feel free to edit or change the sounds ;)
Unfortunately creating a new sound is not as easy as taking an existing sound and replacing the .wav files.
Also, I can hear some sort of overlapping sounds in some samples (offhigh, offlow, onhigh ...).

Tip for comparing sounds easily:

• the "stock" sound uses the engine.scl file which itself references the samples sb2_idle.wav, sb2_offhigh.wav, sb2_offidle.wav etc.
  • the "new" sound should use a new .scl file, let's say engine.new.scl, itself referencing the new samples, maybe named as sb2_idle.new.wav, sb2_offhigh.new.wav, sb2_offidle.new.wav etc.
  • to switch between the two sounds, open the sfx.cfg of the bike and change the line "scl = engine.scl" to "scl = engine.new.scl" back and forth.

Probably easier than swapping files (and does not overwrite the original files).

MaX.

JamoZ

fyi, it`s not ripping when the game is open for modding...
The files are unencrypted and usable for anyone to do as they please...

JamoZ

I`m sorry, i fucked up the sound ;)

I forgot to include the engine file i used with it, so you guys are not having the sound i`m having.
I will create a new thread with the correct files and a preview video so you can hear the difference :)

And Davide is right, i was thinking about using this sound for the M1, but Stout was working on that so i`ll let him do that :D

Stout Johnson

January 23, 2014, 06:05:40 PM #40 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:08:30 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: JamoZ on January 23, 2014, 05:27:34 PM
And Davide is right, i was thinking about using this sound for the M1, but Stout was working on that so i`ll let him do that :D

thnx buddy ;) but use the sound for M1 if it fits it - people are gonna use the sound the way they want anyway... so make a M1 sound out of it if you want... I will try to do an M1 sound from a different source also - if I am able to do one (I am not even sure I will get a decent sound done anyway ;) ), people can use whichever sound they prefer ...

PS: if you want to have an excel sheet that calculates the engine.scl automatically send me a pm ;) I built myself one to make testing easier - you only need rpms that sounds were recorded at.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

JamoZ

I have no clue about how all that stuff works. If someone could make some kind of tutorial, and if we had a seperate sound modding section it woulp help alot for anyone to experiment with sounds. Maybe we could also create a shared sound samples database?

Food for thought...

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on January 23, 2014, 06:26:41 PM
I have no clue about how all that stuff works. If someone could make some kind of tutorial, and if we had a seperate sound modding section it woulp help alot for anyone to experiment with sounds. Maybe we could also create a shared sound samples database?

Food for thought...

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=432.msg3135#msg3135

MaX.

JamoZ

Numbers make my head spin..

Thanks anyway, will take a look :)