• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 

World Racing Series beta12b

Started by PiBoSo, December 16, 2017, 03:58:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo


World Racing Series beta12b available:
http://www.worldracingseries.net/?page=news

Download:
http://www.worldracingseries.net/?page=downloads
( download mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

PiBoSo

"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

gdubmx

great work mate! love it :D thank you very much

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

PiBoSo

"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Stout Johnson

Quotenew: onboard engine sound

Can you please give a hint on how to make the onboard sounds work correct? I assume one needs to add different layers in the .scl? But I would like to know what restrictions those layers need to fulfill.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Stout Johnson

I was on the public server "open server #2" today with another fellow ("spatas"). Whenever I went to the track the game would crash. Totally reproducible. Hasn't been like this in beta11. Since it seems to be totally reproducable, maybe this can be fixed soon?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

dibu

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 30, 2017, 07:32:52 pm
I was on the public server "open server #2" today with another fellow ("spatas"). Whenever I went to the track the game would crash. Totally reproducible. Hasn't been like this in beta11. Since it seems to be totally reproducable, maybe this can be fixed soon?


I'm running the open servers. The servers don't use any mods and except "bandwidth=3" instead of "bandwidth=2" nothing changed in the dedicated.ini files since beta11.
I've to work tomorrow morning but in the afternoon we can run some tests if you want.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: dibu on December 30, 2017, 08:27:35 pm
I'm running the open servers. The servers don't use any mods and except "bandwidth=3" instead of "bandwidth=2" nothing changed in the dedicated.ini files since beta11.
I've to work tomorrow morning but in the afternoon we can run some tests if you want.

Yeah sure mate. If will try to find the time.  ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 30, 2017, 07:32:52 pm
I was on the public server "open server #2" today with another fellow ("spatas"). Whenever I went to the track the game would crash. Totally reproducible. Hasn't been like this in beta11. Since it seems to be totally reproducable, maybe this can be fixed soon?

@Piboso:
dibu and myself did some testing to find the reason for the above crashes I experienced. Obviously it was caused by having a sound mod installed on my part. It seems like if the number of files / size of files of that sound mod exceed a certain amount, it causes a core crash. Strange thing though, that in single player testing there was never a crash, it only happened in multiplayer. Don't know if these kind of crashes can be absorbed in any way so as to at least give a hint what might have caused the crash?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

PiBoSo

Quote from: Stout Johnson on January 01, 2018, 01:15:00 pm
@Piboso:
dibu and myself did some testing to find the reason for the above crashes I experienced. Obviously it was caused by having a sound mod installed on my part. It seems like if the number of files / size of files of that sound mod exceed a certain amount, it causes a core crash. Strange thing though, that in single player testing there was never a crash, it only happened in multiplayer. Don't know if these kind of crashes can be absorbed in any way so as to at least give a hint what might have caused the crash?


Where can this mod be downloaded?
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PiBoSo
* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: support for open centerlines

How can open centerlines be achieved in TrackEd? What has to be done to be regarded as a valid centerline if it is not a closed course?

Quote from: PiBoSo
* GPB / WRS / MXB: added start area and joker lap checkpoints support in TrackEd

Does joker lap work already?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

PiBoSo

Quote from: Stout Johnson on January 13, 2018, 08:43:20 pm
Quote from: PiBoSo
* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: support for open centerlines

How can open centerlines be achieved in TrackEd? What has to be done to be regarded as a valid centerline if it is not a closed course?

Quote from: PiBoSo
* GPB / WRS / MXB: added start area and joker lap checkpoints support in TrackEd

Does joker lap work already?


At the moment open centerlines can only be used for the start area and the joker lap section.
The plan is to allow them for the main course, too.

The joker lap doesn't work yet.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Stout Johnson

    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------