• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:35:31 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Suggestions and wishlist recap

Started by HornetMaX, January 19, 2014, 10:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micronex

The AI would be really great, driving alone is good, but for me atleast stupid AI will be better than never ending time trials. Online can be good, but I see only two empty servers all the time and I dont think that Im good enough to jump into mp servers right now.

tchemi

Quote from: Micronex on September 05, 2017, 05:45:06 PM
I dont think that Im good enough to jump into mp servers right now.

You should ! That's how you would imrove your skills. Like IRL, talking with other riders ;)

PeterV

Reactive

February 17, 2018, 12:33:06 PM #198 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:44:09 PM by Reactive

show Autochat messages on the left side of Chat window, when chat is visible.
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

KG_03

I miss a little head shake depending on the speed of the bike. It would give more immersion to the onboard racing.

Gregz0r

Quote from: iliekracing23 on October 31, 2015, 08:26:04 AMI'd like to see three main things:

1: More assists for beginning players/players who don't have good controllers: I know it's a simulation, but for new players it can be an uphill climb to get better at the start, especially with the different brakes and it's made worse with a poor controller (that can't be configured or be smooth as other controllers' options). Something like dual braking as seen in the MotoGP Milestone games would be a good start and get more eyes and players to the product.

2: Better crash animations/not having the rider disappear underneath the track: Just would help immersion and realism a lot more and would probably start a trend for crash videos and compilations, furthering promotion of the game. After all, nowadays the best and easiest way to get your game big is by getting it trending on YouTube and other online sites.

3: AI: Not a lot of people like playing online, like myself. Don't doubt it would be hard to program, but considering we're still in beta stage it wouldn't hurt to try out and tweak it/patch it as the game progresses through beta to a full game.

Other than that so far, GPB's becoming one of the best bike games out there. Keep up the great work PiBoSo!  ;D
A.I is a huge one, IMO. Hot-lapping and chasing ghosts/trainers is cool, but we do need the ability to create grids, and race some scalable a.i.
where are we gonna find 20+ grids online at any time?
YouTube: GregzVR - VR Gameplay. (Oculus Rift S)

Vini

March 14, 2020, 07:14:30 PM #201 Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 10:16:57 AM by Vini
Zombie thread but will reply anyway.
Making even a half decent AI for a motorcycle sim is extremely timeconsuming and out of the scope for a one-man-devteam.
There are simply too many parameters to consider.

*Edit: Also consider that for bikes the AI pretty much has to be perfect. Imagine how frustratring it would be to be knocked off the bike as soon as things start to get close. Cars can bump into each other without much problem for the most part.

morvio100

Vini....@"Zombie thread but will reply anyway.
Making even a half decent AI for a motorcycle sim is extremely timeconsuming and out of the scope for a one-man-devteam.
There are simply too many parameters to consider.".....disagree entirely...have you seen the quality of the
the base physics of WRS...when it was released ...back in the day..reckon, if the Great One = Piboso...had decided back in the day to release that with well coded AI = ZERO DEV MONEY ISSUES going forward - for his passion of bikes - this guy Piboso..is some sort of physics savant..imo..well within his abilities....reckon he may surprise some day...with a slow ,modular introduction of a fully customizable "one opponent rider"....I'd say the primary reason he stayed clear of AI ...is the sheer amount of calculations the engine would be required to make "realtime" for eg( a +10/15/20 Offline grid = an insane demand on cpu/gpu...likely an engine optimization issue.. ..I reckon coding AI is well within this guys scope...long live GpB..

morvio100

November 01, 2022, 09:59:09 PM #203 Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 10:03:48 PM by morvio100
Micronex "The AI would be really great, driving alone is good, but for me atleast stupid AI will be better than never ending time trials. Online can be good, but I see only two empty servers all the time and I dont think that Im good enough to jump into mp servers right now"

The GREAT DEBATE ...THE AI Question....I personally cant see the Great One = Piboso ..introducing AI tbh..if he hasn't introduced it *or hinted at it...at this point...(Imo if he had experimented with KRP ...in this regard ..just to see what people thought = The sales would more than likely ..would have shot through the roof) he is unlikely to do so...but your point is a very valid one...I see little point in introducing it unless its coded with a very detailed collision model...little point in having basic AI...would likely produce a lot of collision CLIPPING..as seen in the early days of Rfactor/collision clipping is even worse in IRacing to this present day = despite all the work that has been done on the IRacing damage model - some of which is very good - some not so good...some Rfactor mods had to be pain stakingly tweaked with regard collision settings in .ini files ..done correctly ...worked very well...was worth it because Rfactor has such a good damage model....but were talking bikes here...!!...were high speed collisions/ even very slight collisions/and touching ...MATTER HUGELY...a trainer tweak...here/or there would be great though...