• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:28:13 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[GPBikes][Trackedit] cameras how to do it

Started by janaucarre, January 21, 2014, 12:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

So today I open TrackED and load up my track then the camera set I created yesterday and all the cameras are there in the list but when right clicking on them there is no option to locate. Cant add cameras or anything.  :(

So I restart from the beginning  ::) then accidently close TrackED with a spurious ESC button press - although I have saved it so no problem I think........ - so load it up again and the same - no ability to select cameras, locate them or do anything  >:( :-[ :'(

What I do wrong ? :'(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

janaucarre

could you upload your camera file please 8tsc or other i don't remember

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

janaucarre

Napalm Nick

Oh wait I posted too soon without fiddling around enough.

Thought it was a problem (tried another track too with same result) but after a cup of tea and another hearty fiddle-about, I find the first thing you have to do after reloading a .tsc is to re-enable the camera set itself (right click>edit), this then allows the individual camera's to have right click menu and be selectable.

Sheesh, bring back Tetris.  ::)

Anyway all this info will help some other idiot in the future no doubt.

Many thanks for offering to help Janau but you can 'put your feet back up' now.  Merci beaucoup mon ami!

janaucarre

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on January 13, 2016, 12:33:21 PM
Oh wait I posted too soon without fiddling around enough.

Thought it was a problem (tried another track too with same result) but after a cup of tea and another hearty fiddle-about, I find the first thing you have to do after reloading a .tsc is to re-enable the camera set itself (right click>edit), this then allows the individual camera's to have right click menu and be selectable.

Sheesh, bring back Tetris.  ::)

Anyway all this info will help some other idiot in the future no doubt.

Many thanks for offering to help Janau but you can 'put your feet back up' now.  Merci beaucoup mon ami!

Sorry I wasn't around earlier because this is one of the hard lessons I learned when I first started.... I could've put you on the right track straight away.  ::) ;D

Anyway it's a lesson learned which you won't forget now..... Sometimes learning the hard way is the best way. Lol.   ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

hehe thanks Hawk.

Another lesson is never to use a computer.  Spent all day on this so far and discovered how to use the Fixed and path cameras to best effect and made a new complete camera set. Feeling pretty good, about to make a video. Game core.exe, reloaded it, did a good lap. Went to record the replay, no camera set to choose?? Checked file folder, tsc exists - open it with notepad - empty. Completely wiped all the cameras.

Shuts down PC, considers taking up smoking again..... :-X

Lol.  ::)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on January 13, 2016, 04:29:17 PM
hehe thanks Hawk.

Another lesson is never to use a computer.  Spent all day on this so far and discovered how to use the Fixed and path cameras to best effect and made a new complete camera set. Feeling pretty good, about to make a video. Game core.exe, reloaded it, did a good lap. Went to record the replay, no camera set to choose?? Checked file folder, tsc exists - open it with notepad - empty. Completely wiped all the cameras.

Shuts down PC, considers taking up smoking again..... :-X

Lol.  ::)

OMG!  That is a real soul-destroyer mate!  :o
Are you sure you saved the WIP .tsc file to the correct track folder? I've saved to the wrong folder before when you expect the program to open the correct save-to folder but instead it brings another folder up in the save-to box and I've clicked save before I realised what has happened. The .tsc file you've been working on might just be in another folder somewhere?  :-\

I haven't tried the path camera function yet... I believe there is an "Arc" camera function in there too?  ;)

Stick with it Nick because it sounds like your progressing brilliantly despite that good kick in the balls you just experienced!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

January 13, 2016, 05:42:27 PM #24 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:50:03 PM by Napalm Nick
Yeh was testing it all day so was saving it fine strange how it suddenly went blank.  :-\

Yep also played with the Arc camera but really couldn't get it to do much even with extreme settings so not sure what it should do? Will have another play with it sometime.  ;)

Edit: I suspect it was due to having TrackED open in the background when the core occurred.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on January 13, 2016, 05:42:27 PM
Yeh was testing it all day so was saving it fine strange how it suddenly went blank.  :-\

Yep also played with the Arc camera but really couldn't get it to do much even with extreme settings so not sure what it should do? Will have another play with it sometime.  ;)

Edit: I suspect it was due to having TrackED open in the background when the core occurred.

Sounds like a good hypothesis to me.  ;)

Hawk.

janaucarre

Napalm Nick

Awesome Janau  8)

Damn wish I had those videos back when I was learning  ::) hehe

Hawk