• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:23:39 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Rear Suspensión Bug

Started by Manu, March 04, 2018, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

@PiBoSo

I found a bug with the the rear suspension physics. In the Moto2 2017 MOD you can see that after several laps on the track the rear suspension stops working leaving "loose" sqingarm making the bike very difficult to control.

I have had several reports on this matter and I can not find a possible explanation. I hope it can be solved soon in the next GP Bikes beta.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Wimp #97

Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_zYkchMS0 This is Marks stream. at about 1:29:11 its pretty visible that his suspension is bouncing up and down when he starts braking. Mainly the first and second corner it is visible on Johor. Also it gets worse when you brake harder (it was much worse for me).

This seems to start happening after a couple off laps (4-6laps for me), maybe tyre temperatures or tyre wear causes it?
Also it sometimes is fixed after a crash... but then starts again after a few laps (tyre temps change?).
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Phathry25

I will do a longer run tonight with telemetry on to see what I can learn. Although tire info isn't available in telemetry anyways. During the race was the first time I saw it. Is it track specific? Only happen online?

Manu

Tire wear and temperature should not influence. Everything points to a failure of physics in GP Bikes
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Tusrat

Maybe, many of us should put telemetry, do many and many laps up to have the suspension issue and continue to ride in order to give many differents feedbacks to help Manu and Piboso in their development, no ?

If that is possible, that would be great ! ;)

Wimp #97

Quote from: Phathry25 on March 04, 2018, 10:33:57 PM
I will do a longer run tonight with telemetry on to see what I can learn. Although tire info isn't available in telemetry anyways. During the race was the first time I saw it. Is it track specific? Only happen online?

Its not track specific, I had it on victoria aswell. Its most visible in hard braking zones.

Quote from: Manu on March 04, 2018, 10:34:03 PM
Tire wear and temperature should not influence. Everything points to a failure of physics in GP Bikes

Because it starts to happen after a couple of laps, my thoughts were that it had something to do with something that changes over the course of the race (like tyres) and I don't mean the tyres are the problem. But just the changing of the tyres causes the bug.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Tusrat

Quote from: Manu on March 04, 2018, 10:34:03 PM

Because it starts to happen after a couple of laps, my thoughts were that it had something to do with something that changes over the course of the race (like tyres) and I don't mean the tyres are the problem. But just the changing of the tyres causes the bug.
[/quote]

For me in yesterday race (Johor), it has started to occur after 18/20 laps. I had Soft but didn't checked my tyres unfortunately..

Meyer#12

What is weird is, i did a test run in practice of 15 laps in a row and nothing happened, no issues at all.

In the race it started after 8-10 laps.

The only difference between these two runs was that i crashed more in the practice run than in the race (no crashes in race before the issue started). But after a crash the bug changed to something more like a dead suspension without almost any movement.
Meyer#12

Phathry25

I did 22 laps last night too, more crashes than in the race. Didn't notice it. Maybe once or twice but not as bad as in the race. Didn't have a chance to review telemetry to see if anything changed. Was hoping for a blatant failure anyways. Couldn't tell if it was from the bumps on Johor or not.