• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
October 20, 2019, 03:04:08 am

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)


It's almost time...

Started by PiBoSo, April 06, 2018, 10:21:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

Is it only moto2 you are interested in? i will do some digging and see what i can get out of people

I don't think the engines is a 100% stock, the Moto2 engines is around 130bhp, or maybe closer to 140bhp now, and a stock CBR engines is probably more like 110-115bhp.
I know they for example change to ported cylinder heads from the SSP kit.

Meyer#12

PiBoSo

Quote from: Meyer#12 on April 18, 2018, 06:42:47 am
Is it only moto2 you are interested in? i will do some digging and see what i can get out of people


Moto3 too! Thank you in advance  :)

Quote
I don't think the engines is a 100% stock, the Moto2 engines is around 130bhp, or maybe closer to 140bhp now, and a stock CBR engines is probably more like 110-115bhp.
I know they for example change to ported cylinder heads from the SSP kit.


Sure they are tuned, but it seems to me that the tuning level is not so extreme and all engines are more or less the same.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Meyer#12

I will see what i can get. Does all moto3 info have interest? not only world championships?

Yes, the engine are quite the same. It is a company outside the teams that does all the service on the engines and the engines are sealed and marked, so Dorna can controll it. All engines are randomely given to the teams.
In european championship i think many teams have last years Moto2 world champ engines.
Meyer#12

doNico

About moto2 engines see this

http://world.honda.com/MotoGP/2016/moto2_engines/

i might be able to get clean shots of the actual moto3 KTM

~doN

PiBoSo

Quote from: Meyer#12 on April 18, 2018, 11:07:34 am
I will see what i can get. Does all moto3 info have interest? not only world championships?


Thank you. Yes, any Moto3 would be useful.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

PiBoSo

Quote from: doNico on April 18, 2018, 10:05:43 pm
i might be able to get clean shots of the actual moto3 KTM

~doN


That would be great, thank you.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Blackheart

Personally I would like to see something new in the GP Bikes future:

- Pitbike and Minimoto with proper physics and new rider styles.

Moto2 and Moto3, are cool but really never see a game/sim with little bikes, and I think is quite easy ask for datas and specs at some team.

And we can use the krp tracks for this little things  ;D

doubledragoncc

Pitbike and Minimoto are not bikes, they are gimmics!!! Why waste energy on such a toy when time could be used on real bikes? You make amazing bikes Blacky, some of the best in fact.

This is supposed to be a racing bike sim, not a gimmic sim. If anything it is stability of the sim that is needed, not content. 64 bit and better memory usage should come first for online racing which this is all about.

Not shooting you down just stating the facts. Either way. Please keep up the fantastic work you do. Thank you.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU
https://paypal.me/IASystems

PiBoSo

Quote from: Blackheart on April 27, 2018, 06:16:27 pm
Personally I would like to see something new in the GP Bikes future:

- Pitbike and Minimoto with proper physics and new rider styles.

Moto2 and Moto3, are cool but really never see a game/sim with little bikes, and I think is quite easy ask for datas and specs at some team.

And we can use the krp tracks for this little things  ;D


Pitbikes and minimotos are better suited as modding projects, rather than stock contents.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Blackheart

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 28, 2018, 10:22:44 am
Quote from: Blackheart on April 27, 2018, 06:16:27 pm
Personally I would like to see something new in the GP Bikes future:

- Pitbike and Minimoto with proper physics and new rider styles.

Moto2 and Moto3, are cool but really never see a game/sim with little bikes, and I think is quite easy ask for datas and specs at some team.

And we can use the krp tracks for this little things  ;D


Pitbikes and minimotos are better suited as modding projects, rather than stock contents.


yeah but there are some issue with rider animations and phisics for make different mods:

- Small tires without a lean angle limit is a nightmare the only solution imho is give less grip on the rear tire but is not very realistic.
- Rider animations, mainly the arms, and bad results when the steer position is higher than the seat.

Little bikes are used also from wsbk rider like Melandri;

2:27 on the MiniGP is Macho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hwC5hxVyz8&t=190s

matty0l215

Ah, small bike physics does need improving massivly but i tend to agree, it shouldn't be a priority. Maybe a side projecet to designate another riding sytle for small bike

Tosteetos

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 28, 2018, 06:32:59 am
Pitbike and Minimoto are not bikes, they are gimmics!!! Why waste energy on such a toy when time could be used on real bikes? You make amazing bikes Blacky, some of the best in fact.

This is supposed to be a racing bike sim, not a gimmic sim.

DD


Cannot disagree more with the above statement.  If minibikes/smaller bikes were gimmicks, like you call them, riders would go straight to a GP/1000cc bike. There's a reason why they start with smaller displacement bikes. Plenty of pro riders train on smaller bikes.

I am all for a rideable 125cc at least, as part of the original content. This establishes a pathway for new riders to build up their skills and avoid having a bunch of mediocre riders running into each other on 200mph+ uncontrolled rockets.

I think we sometimes get too caught up in the "This is a sim" narrative. Not that I want GPB to be anything else, I come to it because of what it is, but we've gotten a little ridiculous with that.   

I do agree that the stability of the sim has to be improved, but that shouldn't rule out having a good set of bikes for original content, from a starter bike to a full blown GP bike.


matty0l215

I will add however some of the best races I have participated in have been on bikes under 250CC :P

doubledragoncc

Too true matty. The GP250 championship was great and you learn a lot on the bikes. I remember the GP80 one too that was a blast. These are NOT nini bikes, they are real bike size and it is different to minimoto/pitbike.

SMALL bike classes are important for learning.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU
https://paypal.me/IASystems

connorhall70

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 29, 2018, 07:06:36 am
Too true matty. The GP250 championship was great and you learn a lot on the bikes. I remember the GP80 one too that was a blast. These are NOT nini bikes, they are real bike size and it is different to minimoto/pitbike.

SMALL bike classes are important for learning.

DD


SSP300 lol. (someone make plz)
GanjaGod