• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

It's almost time...

Started by PiBoSo, April 06, 2018, 10:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

April 06, 2018, 10:21:02 PM Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:10:28 PM by PiBoSo
... to release GP Bikes on Steam.

However, in addition to the x64 build and improved netcode, it needs new and better content.
Starting with a middle-class bike, that would also be used as the demo bike for the standalone version.

Now the question is: could you please post all the data you have on a 2018 Moto2?
Schematics, blueprints, wheelbase, length, width, height, engine torque curve, ... Anything is useful.

Thanks in advance.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

April 06, 2018, 10:33:31 PM #1 Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:40:48 PM by matty0l215
Wow!

This is big news and very good to hear!! ;D

One Question. Why not get the jump on the next generation of M2 bikes? Or is it purely for the data required?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 06, 2018, 10:33:31 PM
Wow!

This is big news and very good to hear!! ;D

One Question. Why not get the jump on the next generation of M2 bikes? Or is it purely for the data required?

They are not out yet.

matty0l215

April 06, 2018, 10:40:42 PM #3 Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:25:05 AM by matty0l215
Fair enough

Also- https://moto2.teamtech3.fr/index.php/bike

Maybe worth emailing some of the smaller teams for info. I can't imagine them not giving you basic information.

Probably not a dyno readout but the engines are a modified CBR600RR engine but are still around the 130-140 BHP mark.

PiBoSo

It's actually quite difficult to imagine someone in a team wasting time to give detailed technical data to a complete stranger for nothing in return...

If someone here by accident knows anyone in a team however... A long stretch, but maybe...  :-[

matty0l215

BOBR6 84

You can try Nykos racing..  :) but its european cev moto2.

KG_03

Fantastic news! let me check the date of the post - no its not april fools day 😀 wow! Is it what DoubleDragon was talking about?

doubledragoncc

Nothing to do with what I said KG

Great news about 64bit. It will wake GPB up. Thanks Piboso

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

EnhanceJohn

Awesome news. Succes and I'll buy the Steam when it will release.

HornetMaX

April 07, 2018, 02:25:08 PM #11 Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:59:01 PM by HornetMaX
That news + new tyre-terrain collision model. Sounds like early Xmas this year ;D

RobinHoodUKIP

im new to this type of game with mods and stuff, is there any issue with mods being used with steam? excited though, every time i log on its empty.

Hawk

Quote from: RobinHoodUKIP on April 07, 2018, 07:26:57 PM
im new to this type of game with mods and stuff, is there any issue with mods being used with steam? excited though, every time i log on its empty.

That is a very good point!  ;)

I presume the Steam Workshop will be used to subscribe and install mods for the Steam version of GPBikes? But will we still be able to install other modded content files manually into the Steam installation of GPBikes without any issues?

matty0l215

Oh god please say it is true for steam workshop  :o

I could finnaly kill the BikeMOD :P ;D