• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Important new info about the online core.exe crash

Started by Wimp #97, April 08, 2018, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimp #97

April 08, 2018, 02:59:08 PM Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:21:58 PM by Wimp #97
Hi guys

I found some new information together with some other people about the online core.exe crash (the crash that happens after 1 lap or less). I think it is pretty important and might help mr Piboso to locate the problem.

In short: The core.exe crash online doesn't happen (so far after 5laps of testing on 3 different servers and tracks) when the server only allows 1st person mode. The core.exe always happens at max 1 lap on servers that do allow 3rd person.

Overview of the proces of the tests:
- "Sk4" (discord name) came with the information that he doesn't have the typical core.exe crash online when he was in the nafpra server. But he does have the crash after a lap on "any other" server. (any server he tried)
- It got me thinking that nafpra only allows 1st person and all other servers allow 3rd and 1st person.
- I got someone who also had the core.exe crash always online to try the nafpra server. It worked! No crash after 4-5 laps (10-15minutes) (moto3 at motegi V0.7).
- Then we went to test a different server that i asked to setup 1st person only. Also no crash for about 4 laps (than had a crash but was due to an unfinished track that caused the core.exe (castle comb v0.7 and gp125 class)
- Then we went to test another server just for 1st person (Teeds his server, on assen with moto2) no crash after 5 laps (10-15mintues)
- Then we went to test on teeds his other server "moto2 testing" which does allow 3rd person, game core.exe crash after half a lap (moto2 at aragon)

This leads me to believe that it has something to do with the server setting of allowing only 1st person or not.

I hope this is a huge help for you mister piboso as I think this is pretty valuable information.  ;D

Thanks damonboss and teeds for helping the tests.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

KG_03

damonboss

uberslug

Quote from: damonboss on April 08, 2018, 08:22:10 PM
we are a step closer to fix this bs

The 'easy' fix is to always ride in first person view...  ;)

matty0l215

Quote from: uberslug on April 09, 2018, 12:12:31 AM
Quote from: damonboss on April 08, 2018, 08:22:10 PM
we are a step closer to fix this bs

The 'easy' fix is to always ride in first person view...  ;)

This should be the only option in my opinion for online riding anyway ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

teeds

So with this problem if you play on a server which allows all views and choose 1st person view does that still not crash?

Blackheart

Quote from: teeds on April 09, 2018, 09:15:40 AM
So with this problem if you play on a server which allows all views and choose 1st person view does that still not crash?

I think is not possible... Indeed I don't see a Piboso post here because... 1p and 3p are the same thing.

uberslug

Quote from: Blackheart on April 09, 2018, 09:29:56 AM

I think is not possible... Indeed I don't see a Piboso post here because... 1p and 3p are the same thing.

The clues may lead to something that is correlative but not causative. Obviously something is going on if the same machine(s) can connect and operate normally in first person but not in third person. If these observations provide a different way of looking at the problem then kudos to the peeps taking the time to do some 'off track excursioning'.

Wimp #97

playing in 1st person on a server that allows 3rd person still crashes.
The server needs to only allow 1st person in order not to cause the crash
Wimp #97

davidboda46

Have you guys noticed a difference between the 1st person modes? Does it include the second view (the fixed onboard) and does the first view set to mode= 1 in the .ini make any difference?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Wimp #97

Quote from: davidboda46 on April 09, 2018, 10:42:44 AM
Have you guys noticed a difference between the 1st person modes? Does it include the second view (the fixed onboard) and does the first view set to mode= 1 in the .ini make any difference?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

We have not tested any of this. I think it is not related to the players selection of the view, but rather to the setting of the server.
Wimp #97

matty0l215

Maybe it could a graphical issue. 3rd person you can see more of your own bike with all the animation whereas in 1st you can only see the steer, f susp and f wheel??
Or this is just a massive coincidence
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Wimp #97

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2018, 11:18:55 AM
Maybe it could a graphical issue. 3rd person you can see more of your own bike with all the animation whereas in 1st you can only see the steer, f susp and f wheel??

But then it would be no problem at all for 1st person riders, even in servers that allow 3rd person. But it is a problem right now. The server setting will depend if the game will crash or not.
Wimp #97

Blackheart

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

Anyway the game loads both the models declared in the gfx, also if you see just the 1p model, otherwise you would see opponents without wheels.

@Wimp But just a guy have this issue?