• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:36:00 PM

Stickers on windscreen

Started by davidboda46, May 23, 2018, 12:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Hi all modders (and paint makers). I have a question/request and it's about wind screen sticker. I'm all for realism and authentic recreation but my problem with most screen stickers are that they are in the way when you're trying to look to the apex or through a corner. Now, the base bikes (with their lovely carbon) does not have stickers on the wind screen. Would it be possible to just include a sticker free screen inside the pkz file, but with a different name? That way you could just unzip the pkz (something I always do anyway because I use the older file system approach) and rename the sticker free screen (to the same as the original) and the sticker screen to a tmp name, so you can still have the livery and see the apex if you ride in 1st person like I do.   

Thanks for all your great work btw.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Ryanoh4

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Maybe a stupid question(something I maybe haven't realised as I don't ride the modern MotoGP 4 strokes in GPB), but surely the rider shouldn't be looking through the windscreen when entering a corner to look for the apex through corners? ???
Surely the stickers are there in real life on these modern 4 stroke atrocities(Sorry guys! I couldn't resist the dig. Lol! :P ;D )? Therefore something else must be wrong in the rider view setup if they are blocking the view of the rider? Just a thought.  ;) :)

davidboda46

Quote from: Hawk on May 23, 2018, 10:58:05 AM
Maybe a stupid question(something I maybe haven't realised as I don't ride the modern MotoGP 4 strokes in GPB), but surely the rider shouldn't be looking through the windscreen when entering a corner to look for the apex through corners? ???
Surely the stickers are there in real life on these modern 4 stroke atrocities(Sorry guys! I couldn't resist the dig. Lol! :P ;D )? Therefore something else must be wrong in the rider view setup if they are blocking the view of the rider? Just a thought.  ;) :)

Well, it depends on the corner and how much you lean off the bike. The problem usually becomes apparent at fast corner were you are not leaning so much, first corner at Bugatti is an example, also the fast back straight at Misano, when you are trying to figure out when to tip the bike in through the three fast bends.

Also I think also your personal fov and other view settings are a factor. I'm sure that in real life the sticker is smaller in the riders view than it is for me in the game.   

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

speedfr

+1.

Totally agree with the topic and the posts in here. Specially (i didn't try the new MotoGP '18 yet) with Moto2, i oftently have to go to the other FP view to be able to see correctly where i go. It happened to me that i was thinking of tranparent frame/shield from the pilot view... i know it's nothing "realistic" but if the "realistic" avoid me to play "as real", i start to scratch my head...  ;D
Or a third option, view from the nose, as the Dorna camera when they are placed in front of the bike, right over the front wheel.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC