• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:39:03 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Race Track Builder

Started by Myst1cPrun3, July 08, 2018, 07:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Just wondering when creating a track in race track builder, do I select the target as 'Assetto Corsa', 'Rfactor 2', or 'None'. Would I need to convert it from Assetto Corsa or RF2 and if so how does one do that as well?
Thanks  :)

matty0l215

Assetto Corsa should work.

RTB will export an FBX you can import into 3ds or Blender to carry out the conversion.

Janaucarre Has had a lot of success get an RTB track in game (take a look at his Janaj GP Track, a Great example of what can be made)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Myst1cPrun3

IronHorse

How exactly do you convert an assetto corsa track to GP bikes? Do you need to buy 3dsmax?

DaringD

August 15, 2018, 09:38:52 PM #4 Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:24:48 PM by DaringD
Hey,

Justy out of interest are you having any trouble using RTB right now?  I'm having a bitch of a time trying to get it to work with Googles new system, the guide he has posted seems either outdated or just doesn't work and I'm really struggling to find any help out there on this topic!

Thanks ahead of time.

****EDIT****

I managed to fix this, if anyone has the same problem then you need to link your project to a billing account

Set up your API key as the documentation and help provided by RTB shows, then you need to sign up for a free year and create billing for Google cloud - here

if you have already done this, jump to the next step.

Once you have your project set up in Google Cloud follow these steps to link your project to your billing - here

That solved it for me

(I hate it when people fix problems but never post how they did it...)

janaucarre

Quote from: IronHorse on July 28, 2018, 03:11:16 AM
How exactly do you convert an assetto corsa track to GP bikes? Do you need to buy 3dsmax?

Not necessarly, you probably can use blender or maya, because look at the price of 3dsmax about 1500 pounds

h106frp

It really does not matter what software you choose to model with (as long as it supports common export standards notably .fbx as this is the autodesk standard), the issue is how you compile the track model to work in-game;

From 3dsMax using the exporter plug-in you can have blended multi-textured surfaces (groove and puddles on-track, satellite overlay on terrain etc) but this is not supported with fbx2edf.

Shaders (bump, specular and reflection) work with both the 3dsMax plug-in and fbx2edf