• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:13:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Calm down!

Started by Harrytmj66, January 26, 2014, 10:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrytmj66

Morning folks.
I was in the server for Monza yesterday and we got up to around 16 people in the lobby and it was great fun riding with 3 of you guys im sorry i can't remember your names.
Just a message to the people who don't seem to brake, just calm down a bit...you are not going to win a race on the first lap!
Give each other a bit of room as well especially if you are lagging a bit.

To finish first, first you must finish

Arvoss

That race was epic! I was happy that I survived the first 4 corners, it was VERY close! :p Then I raced the whole race against Ludo. OMG...SO INTENSE! BEST RACE EVER! :D

Warlock

January 26, 2014, 01:58:01 PM #2 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:01:40 PM by Warlock
Quote from: Arvoss on January 26, 2014, 10:30:03 AM
That race was epic! I was happy that I survived the first 4 corners, it was VERY close! :p Then I raced the whole race against Ludo. OMG...SO INTENSE! BEST RACE EVER! :D

Yes, probably fun for you but someones got crashed by others, not fun.
Its imposible to do those chicanes 4 bikes in parallel, someones  see 2 bikes in parallel in front of them and try to overtake both at the chicane, ridiculous.
In this situation , please try to stay behind untill the situation is more favorable.

Also when you see 5 bikes in front for a slow corner, people should brake earlier than usual, or surely you will eat them.

JamoZ

That`s the problem with online racing. You have people who are blazing fast in a hotlap server, but can`t finish a 6 lap race simply because they can`t race. They have no idea how to behave around other bikes, when and how to stay calm and think before overtaking. All they want is to pass everyone at the very next opportunity.

You don`t need to always overtake, people need to learn that it`s best to just wait with overtaking till you get on a straight and catch the slipstream, or wait till the one in front makes a small mistake which you can take advantage off. 

LoriX

Quote from: JamoZ on January 26, 2014, 02:34:31 PM
That`s the problem with online racing. You have people who are blazing fast in a hotlap server, but can`t finish a 6 lap race simply because they can`t race. They have no idea how to behave around other bikes, when and how to stay calm and think before overtaking. All they want is to pass everyone at the very next opportunity.

You don`t need to always overtake, people need to learn that it`s best to just wait with overtaking till you get on a straight and catch the slipstream, or wait till the one in front makes a small mistake which you can take advantage off.

+1

Arvoss

That's me :p I think I'm a bit of a noob doing this but it's the best way to finish a race. Still can't believe that Ludo crashed in the LAST corner :p

Harrytmj66

Ahh JamoZ i think i was racing with you last night there were 4 of us in a group for around 5 laps.
You are absolutely right, People need to forget about lap times during a race and concentrate more on styaing up and not knocking other people off. You could understand a little tap on the last lap but not on the first corner

JamoZ

I was all alone the entire race ;) I try to get away from the pack asap to prevent being caught in the chaos...

Warlock

he probably mean in practice time  , i did a few laps with him too, clean rider to have fun with  ;)

Docfumi

I waited in the back for people to go down up front but the extra fuel I added to the bike didnĀ“t stop me from falling on the third lap.  :'(
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

iVolution

That`s the problem with online racing. You have people who are blazing fast in a hotlap server, but can`t finish a 6 lap race simply because they can`t race.
That's why people have to start finishing races for once and not drop out after they have fallen 2 times. Since they never finish the full race distance, they always apply their qualifying pace which usually isn't something that is stable enough to minimize the chance of falling. I think if you always finish the race you'll learn what is your natural pace in which the balance between speed and not falling is optimal, at least that is how i do it.

janaucarre

i observe this thing:
When we ride in group, we always wait on people falled(me to), and after 10 laps like this try to make a good lap or 2, it's very difficult, we loose the rythm, and i observe that in real motorcycle race to, riding to much slowly with race bike make you loose rythm.(i remember pedrosa making fault at 50km/h) I think if someone want to ride with another person and fall, the solution is to go to the pits and wait until he passes in front of you.
The solution for me is making many laps alone and after that go to ride with else riders.
Not all are like me, some can have the rythme after a half lap.
A good thing was the best line on the road to learn the good trajectory. I have listen piboso will put that in the next release.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: iVolution on January 27, 2014, 09:08:01 AM
That's why people have to start finishing races for once and not drop out after they have fallen 2 times. Since they never finish the full race distance, they always apply their qualifying pace which usually isn't something that is stable enough to minimize the chance of falling. I think if you always finish the race you'll learn what is your natural pace in which the balance between speed and not falling is optimal, at least that is how i do it.

I second that, totally my opinion!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Warlock

It really annoys me 10 guys on the grid at start. 3 guys finish the race............   COWARDS !!!!   ;D ;D

I ALWAYS finish races, no matter if i'm 20 minutes behind

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on January 27, 2014, 02:22:30 PM
It really annoys me 10 guys on the grid at start. 3 guys finish the race............   COWARDS !!!!   ;D ;D

I ALWAYS finish races, no matter if i'm 20 minutes behind

+1000

I absolutely agree with you on that one, Warlock! ;)

I guess what we need is a championship with points awarded right through the field if you finish the race, so that even if you come last you still add a few points to your championship tally. ;D